Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls tv

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
All was fine up to and including the Leicester game but no joy for tonight's Barnet game. Subscription page kept appearing. Seagulls TV chat service told me that after the Leicester game they made changes and as an overseas customer I now have to purchase an international package to access the service. Having been a customer for about 10 years this is rather irritating, especially as my current subscription ends in Nov. Have told them I will not be renewing or upgrading. Now TV coverage is much more available I am happy to miss the occasional radio commentary. They are going to lose a ton of customers.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Absolute joke. Couldn't get in tonight and checked my bank account and my last payment was August last year so assumed I had to renew. Tried to renew but didn't recognise my password even though I was logged in already!! Tried to reset password and have just received the e mail with the reset link. Clicked and got a 404 page unknown error :ffsparr: they can f right off

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Absolute joke. Couldn't get in tonight and checked my bank account and my last payment was August last year so assumed I had to renew. Tried to renew but didn't recognise my password even though I was logged in already!! Tried to reset password and have just received the e mail with the reset link. Clicked and got a 404 page unknown error :ffsparr: they can f right off

:lolol: sorry

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Overseas fans with friends in this country.
Pretty certain this is legal as Piers Morgan has one and boasts about it. Set up a Slingbox connected to a freeview box (freeview must not be connected to a TV here).
A/ UK TV anywhere in the world.
B/ BBC Sussex anywhere in the world.

So I've just checked the legal stuff. Get the Slingbox HD Pro with built in tuner (£129). As long as you ONLY send the signal to your own computer and do NOT allow multiple viewers (which Slingbox doesn't) then it is 100% legal. All the box needs is an internet connection and a TV ariel. You can also hook up a Sky box and switch between the two. Control of the channels is from your computer / laptop / phone / tablet. I go on about these as I've got one and it's great.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Overseas fans with friends in this country.
Pretty certain this is legal as Piers Morgan has one and boasts about it. Set up a Slingbox connected to a freeview box (freeview must not be connected to a TV here).
A/ UK TV anywhere in the world.
B/ BBC Sussex anywhere in the world.

Slingbox is totally legal and has been available for years for private use.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Just checking in case Bozza gets itchy.

I've never seen one to be honest and they don't get great bad reviews. Been around for years and completely legitimate.

Basically they let YOU watch YOUR TV when travelling.

You hook the thing up to your Sky or Freeview Box. I seemed to recall they were originally targeted at travelling business people.

They aren't Kodi boxes or anything like that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sling_Media

Were used a bit in the TV industry I seem to remember. If you were broadcasting a channel abroad but the adverts were inserted locally (sorry to be boring) - this was an easy way to get a feed back to check your ads were playing.

Basically an early bit of kit that could transmit a TV signal over the internet.

I don't think they have ever really taken off over here. I don't they really work in HD either and are expensive for what you get. I understand the TV companies don't like them (although there Is nothing illegal about them) and transmit the signal in a manner that the sling box can't use.

Last edited:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
They wanted $78 from me to subscribe for the whole season so I could listen to the Barnet game. Sorry, that's not going to happen. I might have paid a small fee just for tonight's game but all Premier League games are likely to be on live here so no-one is likely to fork over $78 just for devalued cup competitions. I followed the game on a website and knew about the goal before my brother who was listening to the official stream.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So after the season started they've now made up a new overseas subscription that sits somewhere between the standard UK package and the Football League "all away games streamed live" package?

It's difficult to imagine a more shambolic product rollout than the Albion and partners have managed here.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
So after the season started they've now made up a new overseas subscription that sits somewhere between the standard UK package and the Football League "all away games streamed live" package?

It's difficult to imagine a more shambolic product rollout than the Albion and partners have managed here.
[MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] They never respond to emails, especially ones requesting a full refund. The Albion need to sort this shower of shit out quickly.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
After about 10 years they have finally lost me last night. Subscription is running out and no way to extend as keep logging in when in already, keep getting error messages.

Being abroad, most games will be streamed and some on at the sports bar. Will miss a few communtaries and highlight videos but when they can't provide access to people with a subscription to those anyway it's pointless. If we go back down sometime I'll be forced to explore it as an option to see games but will just be pleased with what I can get online for free now days due to their 'service'.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm sure Barber said that when we got promoted we could ditch the collective deal.

Do it now, Paul. Rip up the contract.

Stumpy Tim

Spent an hour on the chat box trying to fix similar issues, but it then cut off due to inactivity. Tried again, but the second guy was useless and despite having access to my previous chat he wanted me to try doing the same things. I informed him I won't be doing that and cancelled the chat. I won't be renewing

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009

I believe the official term is 'taking the piss'.

My contract (subscription) with them has already been paid for and runs until Nov. They suddenly block this overseas service to me with no notification and expect me to now pay again for the service I have already paid for that, up until last night, had been working ok??

I will be asking for a refund.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Seagulls TV subscription

2858BAE8-A363-42CB-BCF2-FE1AB5FD1B89.jpg

Barnet FC subscription

3C6DD33B-4E7D-4CF5-B009-B342D9241D25.jpg

Both are iFollow :shrug:

Man City, interviews and match highlights free.

Capture.JPG

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

My contract (subscription) with them has already been paid for and runs until Nov. They suddenly block this overseas service to me with no notification and expect me to now pay again for the service I have already paid for that, up until last night, had been working ok??

Good luck with the refund. The moment you mention refund they stop replying. As I said earlier the club needs to get on to these people and get heavy handed with them. Seagulls Player had some quality issues but I could always log in to my account.

Time to contact Mr Barber I think...

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011

Good luck with the refund. The moment you mention refund they stop replying. As I said earlier the club needs to get on to these people and get heavy handed with them. Seagulls Player had some quality issues but I could always log in to my account.

Time to contact Mr Barber I think...

Been on at them for 3 weeks and I still haven't received a refund so good luck.

In the end I requested a VISA chargeback by my bank for the original payment stating that I hadn't received the services I paid for.

I received the payment back from the bank yesterday, so try this route instead.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm sure Barber said that when we got promoted we could ditch the collective deal.

Do it now, Paul. Rip up the contract.

I think the problem is down to the club and their choice of 'service' provider.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Been on at them for 3 weeks and I still haven't received a refund so good luck.

In the end I requested a VISA chargeback by my bank for the original payment stating that I hadn't received the services I paid for.

I received the payment back from the bank yesterday, so try this route instead.

I have contacted Paul Barber so it will be interesting to see what he (the club) have to say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here