Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham Vs Middlesbrough *****Official Match Thread*****

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
You never know QPR may pop up with something at Burnley on Monday

I wonder what the feeling is like between the QPR players and Barton, given his attitude they may want to really beat Burnley and see him stretchered off with a broken neck.
I have no idea if he was liked in the squad or not, but sometimes this can make players raise there game, works both ways though.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Steve Gibson and Karanka both looked like really stressed tonight. They're massively feeling the pressure.

Indeed. And so they should, they have massively overspent this year to get up, breaking all the FFP rules. They are stuffed if they dont go up (i hope anyway)

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
It is possible that us and Boro could go up. Monday's games very much still count. We could go to Boro top of the league. or third, and still be champions if we win there.

Beating Derby will put the willies up Boro.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Indeed. And so they should, they have massively overspent this year to get up, breaking all the FFP rules. They are stuffed if they dont go up (i hope anyway)

That's why I can't see why their fans love him so much. He's quite happy to accept the risk of sending his club into complete FFP meltdown if they don't go up. They'd be in trouble.

Thank god Mr Bloom is more sensible.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Just a couple of useful stats for any Boro fans looking in you will need to beat the the team who has only lost 2 away games all season and has the best current form of any team in the Championship .... :bhasign:*

*If we beat Derby

And which is also the team that has beaten no other side in top 8 since August...(but I think will be good enough now)

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
It might be just me, but I found that analysis on Sky completely vacuous - "that point Middlesbrough won tonight puts additional pressure on Brighton for Monday" argument is completely unfounded. It's always going to come down to the last game of the season, irrespective of what happens on Monday.

So the argument that "this is the most important point of Middlesbrough's season" that they were spouting is patently false. If anything, this was the most meaningless point that Middlesbrough have won all season. They would be in much the same position if they lost tonight.

If we lose or draw to Derby, then they only need draw with us on the 7th for promotion - otherwise nothing less than a win will do. And yet the only way the Sky pundits spun it was "Middlesbrough just have to win against Brighton and they're in the Premier League" - as if we're just going to roll over! As [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] points out, we've only lost twice away all season.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here