Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****** The Official Sussex County Cricket Thread ******

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Argus reporting that Robinson is going to apply for an England role at the end of this week. Would be hard to replace, do you think we could get Andy Flower or Grizzy may be waiting in the wings.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/110...n_intends_to_apply_for_England_job/?ref=var_0

Sussex coach Mark Robinson has stated his intention to apply for the job of England’s technical director.

Robinson has sounded out officials at the ECB over becoming Andy Flower’s replacement and has been told it is worth his while putting his name forward.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Argus reporting that Robinson is going to apply for an England role at the end of this week. Would be hard to replace, do you think we could get Andy Flower or Grizzy may be waiting in the wings.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/110...n_intends_to_apply_for_England_job/?ref=var_0

Sussex coach Mark Robinson has stated his intention to apply for the job of England’s technical director.

Robinson has sounded out officials at the ECB over becoming Andy Flower’s replacement and has been told it is worth his while putting his name forward.

I heard Chris Adams talking about KP and coaching, he said that KP was always very helpful and committed when he was at Surrey and the interviewer asked him about Peter Moores. I thought that he and Moores had a bit of a bust up at one point but Adams was glowing in his praise of Moores and said he would deserve another crack at England.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I heard Chris Adams talking about KP and coaching, he said that KP was always very helpful and committed when he was at Surrey and the interviewer asked him about Peter Moores. I thought that he and Moores had a bit of a bust up at one point but Adams was glowing in his praise of Moores and said he would deserve another crack at England.

Is he hedging his bets

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/110...ain_backs_Robinson_for_England_job/?ref=var_0

Former Sussex captain Chris Adams insists Mark Robinson has all the credentials to be the next England coach.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Sussex have announced a deficit of £630,000 in their accounts for the financial year to October 2013. The Hove-based club recorded an operating loss of around £65,000, but depreciation of assets led to the larger overall figures.

"Running a profitable first-class club is exceedingly challenging," said Sussex chairman Jim May.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/26245774

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I love the Horsham festival, would be a massive shame if it went by the wayside. Seen some great cricket there.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Being Brighton-based i'm not too sad if we dont have a Horsham game as this appears to be one weekend game where it's sunny every year

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Being Brighton-based i'm not too sad if we dont have a Horsham game as this appears to be one weekend game where it's sunny every year

It is SUSSEX County Cricket Club, it should be encouraging cricket across the County, not to mention that it is a lovely venue and Sussex usually do well there.

Once County Out Grounds go they don't come back (Eastbourne and Worthing come to mind).

My reply from the HDC Cabinet Member seems to indicate that there is some brinksmanship going on.....

We have had meetings and were aware of some challenges for the cricket festival and are supporting the festival in many ways as well as the issue of sponsorship. They have only just gone public on this and I was surprised by some of the Counties statement! The sponsorship packages are very modest and I would be disappointed that the strong cricket fan base could not support it. However I think you should also ask some questions about the finances at SCCC as well.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
its not the most difficult journey going - Brighton to Horsham by train or car

So there's no need to move from Brighton is there? Unless the journey is longer going the other way.

My point wasn't even meant seriously, it just appears that for the last few years due to the arsing around with 20/20 games there is about on Saturday when it's sunny and we have a home fixture and it's always the Horsham match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here