Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stoke, Southampton, Swansea & Huddersfield. Remaining Fixtures.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If Soton get anything against Bournemouth and Swansea lose to Chelsea then the Swansea v Soton match is huge.

Please Striped men beat Burnley and then we can actually enjoy what could be a very tight battle this season.

Actually, if Swansea lose to Chelsea and don't beat Bournemouth it is virtually all over and safe for us. Because their last two games are Stoke and Southampton so they some of them will be dropping points. Not 100% certain but it would take a lot for us to go down then.

I think we will clinch it ourselves in the next two matches anyhow.

But it begs the question if Swansea falter and get caught then all this Media ''love in '' Carlos Carvalhal will have been based on a lucky win against Liverpool and one good performance against an Arsenal side that have faltered away from home against most sides.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Actually, if Swansea lose to Chelsea and don't beat Bournemouth it is virtually all over and safe for us. Because their last two games are Stoke and Southampton so they some of them will be dropping points. Not 100% certain but it would take a lot for us to go down then.

But it begs the question if Swansea falter and get caught then all this Media ''love in '' Carlos Carvalhal will have been based on a lucky win against Liverpool and one good performance against an Arsenal side that have faltered away from home against most sides.

Rather Saints went down than Swansea

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Actually, if Swansea lose to Chelsea and don't beat Bournemouth it is virtually all over and safe for us. Because their last two games are Stoke and Southampton so they some of them will be dropping points.
If Swansea get one point from Chelsea or Bournemouth, they'll only need to win against Stoke to finish above us (and Stoke are already a very long shot to go above us). Southampton could still go above us.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
A win at Burnley will keep us up. A draw will probably be enough. Lose all four of our remaining games and it'll be a nail biter.

Burnley have scored 15 and conceded 15 at home. If we're disciplined, don't commit too many men forward surely a bore draw is within our grasp?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

That’s a very mean spirited assessment.

His record since he arrived, is P13 W5 D5 L3. That’s a brilliant record from the state they were in.

And he makes CAKES for the journos, which helps, too!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Stoke, Southampton, Swansea & Huddersfield. Remaining Fixtures.

In theory we could be beyond Stoke's reach before we kick off at Burnley as Liverpool v Stoke kicks off at 12.30.

Yep Albion definitely beyond reach at KO assuming Stoke lose as max points then - 35.
Even with a draw , Max Stoke points then is 36 but with an 18 GD difference to catch up in a few games so effectively out of reach.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
If Swansea get one point from Chelsea or Bournemouth, they'll only need to win against Stoke to finish above us (and Stoke are already a very long shot to go above us). Southampton could still go above us.

For Stoke to go above they have only two scenarios.
- win all 3: Albion lose all 4
- win 2 , draw 1 : AND Albion lose all 4 by massive margins to make up -18 goal difference gap.
- Every other scenario - can’t catch us.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The albion are not on Stoke's pragmatic overhaul radar.

Their one realistic escape path is to beat Palace and Swansea in their last 2 games - and to finish above both Swansea and Southampton.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I can see it all going terribly wrong

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Southampton v Bournemouth is the one I worry about.
The wisdom is never rely on a Smug Eddie team to ever help us...

But, for this one, a Bournemouth win confirms their mathematical safety, and surely they will want to get one over on the saints anyway.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Next Saturday looks the defining day in the race. For ourselves it is the most 'pointable' fixture left. All of Huddersfield, Palace and Bournemouth have winnable matches that would see them pull out of the reckoning altogether. Stoke could be gone (in terms of catching the Albion, at least). Southampton NEED to win, surely?

BHA 34 36
PAL 35 35
WHU 34 35
HUD 34 35
SWA 34 33
----------------
SOU 34 29
STO 35 29
WBA 35 25

LIV v STO
BUR v BHA
PAL v LEI
HUD v ETN
SOU v BOU
SWA v CHE
WHU v MCI

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

But that wasn't the scenario I put forward Triggaaar. I stated that it would be difficult. I never said impossible, just that the set of circumstances for us to go down would lessen

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here