Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Now the Cold War is back...

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I just wonder what the end game is?

Assad has all but won his civil war. He will still be there in charge of an important strategically place Middle East country. Putin and Russia will still be there as a massive power in the world. As it stands we are at loggerheads with them both.

Fence building will eventually take place and what has been gained?
Do they think that far ahead ? Have they a plan ?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Miss these? [emoji16]
a63f4727cc44f45c9a54c9fb7163a969.jpg
283ab8eb4aaebb949d44171ed3309f01.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I just wonder what the end game is?

Assad has all but won his civil war. He will still be there in charge of an important strategically place Middle East country. Putin and Russia will still be there as a massive power in the world. As it stands we are at loggerheads with them both.

Fence building will eventually take place and what has been gained?
Do they think that far ahead ? Have they a plan ?

Assad will never truly rule Syria, too many have been traumatised and radicalised by what he has done to his own people, someone will have lost so much that they will get close enough with a gun or a bomb in time.

As for Putin and Russia, I think it is best to have different strategies for both. Putin will not be around forever either and it's important that the Russian people do not feel hated by the West and that there should be an understanding that ordinary Russians are not blamed for Putin's nasty manoeuvres . They must be given another chance to try real democracy rather than the laughable "Government" of cronies and thieves they have now. Things can change for the better, the re-uniting East and West Germany for instance, we just have to keep hoping.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here