Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Absolutely.

Add to that the fact that most are unable to afford private medical insurance in order to avoid NHS queues and waiting lists. Also, most are unable to afford private education to avoid being sent to schools that they don't want.

Sorry but does anyone remember the NHS before the EU? I do, and you waited a lot bloody longer than you do now, and that's even with all the austerity cuts from Osbourne.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This is really funny. Evans as an economist knows it can be reduced but would have to vault face on his politics to take the numpty on so looses his shit instead.

Looses his shit? That would have been very messy.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I am trying to be open minded. I found this very interesting, reassuring even. Leave needed someone this cool, in my mind this is how @<a href="http://www.northstandchat.com/member.php?u=31" target="_blank">El Presidente</a> looks in lectures....

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Where has the " Are Remain Supporters showing their true colours " thread gone ?

Has it been deleted ?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Are you saying shorter waiting times etc are down to the EU?

Back to this then mate? Things were all so good in the good old days before the awful EU started free trade and movement.

image.jpeg

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Theyre both in the government!! How can you absolve them of any responsibility to show some statesman like confidence to the nation?

They campaigned against the government leadership position. It is up to the leadership to make the next move. Cameron has announced that he is resigning. I would expect him to have discussions with Gove and Johnson now. It is not up to them to execute a coup.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Its been 2 days. Friday and Saturday, in which the Prime Minister has resigned. Its in processes, stop projecting panic and confusion on the wrong people! be a bit Patient.

Once a new PM is appointed article 50 will be in acted then negotiations take place. Like the eU I hope its quick, the danger is uncertainty, doom mongering.

With your level of psychosis it's easy to remain sanguine however, the markets hate uncertainty and the longer that the characters that we call politicians demonstrate their indecisiveness the deeper the hole from which England & Scotland need to extract themselves.

Unfortunately our senior politicians of all shades are dithers or pontificators without a shred of credibility rather than the statesmen we need to lead us through this mess and begin the process of healing a badly divided nation.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Why don't people look for the positives. If i wasn't old, past it and retired I would be setting up a company to outsource Government administration. It'll be the biggest growing industry in Britain over the next 3 years

There's gold in them there hills :thumbsup:???

Yes indeed. We can move all of that Brussels bureaucracy right back to England where it belongs.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Back to this then mate? Things were all so good in the good old days before the awful EU started free trade and movement.

View attachment 76119
LOL!

As I've said in previous posts, both sides of the debate think they're right, and are not for moving.

It's my opinion that prosperity is only partly due to being part of the EU. Other EU countries have not handled their finances as well as us, and have been/will be bailed out. We have a fantastic opportunity now to make further progress.

I know you're not going to agree with that, and only time will tell if either side was 'right'.

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Good God, this is a free land where people can make their own choices.
Make a choice and stand by it.
Whether the vote went either way, as has been said already, you can say you gave it your best shot.:)

So true. There's an awful lot of vitriol being thrown around on all the EU threads but democracy rules, OK!

No one ever said that democracy is perfect but history suggests it's the least bad option.

I think the only participants that should be ashamed of themselves are the Remain politicians for doing a lousy job of presenting a positive case for the EU and Brexiteers for suggesting that Brexit can take place without pain, possibly short term, but pain nevertheless, and their manifest failure to offer a clear plan post-Brexit.

As an older voter, who voted Remain, I'm disappointed but want to look ahead. If we get promotion next season that'll make up for it (as long as I can still afford the season ticket!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here