Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brezovan: The Opportunity to Chastise/Abuse/Slate

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Brezovan deliberately sets out to make mistakes. The fact that the majority of his work is non competitive has nothing at all to do with his match performance. He plays in a position where errors are often costly; outfielders boob, get up and somebody else has covered for them. Goalkeepers only have the net for back up.

Leave him alone. He probably knows. Will he not be disappointed ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Brezovan deliberately sets out to make mistakes. The fact that the majority of his work is non competitive has nothing at all to do with his match performance. He plays in a position where errors are often costly; outfielders boob, get up and somebody else has covered for them. Goalkeepers only have the net for back up.

You might need the edit facility there WW.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
And according to our finances you would have ....WHO?

I was ****ing flabbergasted when he and Ankergren were given new contracts at the end of last season. I thought they were both shoe-ins for the chop.

If he was a young goalkeeper and this was his first mistake then you could make excuses, but he isn't and it wasn't. I don't see what finances have to do with anything, what's wrong with giving Walton a crack (he can't do any worse?) or just, I don't know, playing our first choice goalkeeper?

No need for either of them to be at the club at all. If we'd shown them the door we'd have two fewer liabilities on our books and we'd have saved £15k+ a week in wages. That makes financial sense in my eyes.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Do really feel for Brezovan and want him to do well and does on a couple of games, but then goes back to his old ways of under performing for such a big lad.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Read what you have posted it contradicts what your saying

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
[MENTION=23454]HawkTheSeagull[/MENTION] oh I see you're a much better fan than me because you don't have a go at players, well I can't be that bad a fan seeing as I had enough points to get a palace away play-off ticket, and I have around 1,300 odd points this season, if you could possibly come down off your high horse and instead of saying stuff on here and twitter, I'd be happy to meet you in person and discuss further

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Crazy decision not to play our first choice keeper. Not sure how it can be justified. A goalie certainly does not need to be rested.

Incidentally we get knocked out of the cup last year because whoever was in goal (second choice) made an error.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Crazy decision not to play our first choice keeper. Not sure how it can be justified. A goalie certainly does not need to be rested.

Incidentally we get knocked out of the cup last year because whoever was in goal (second choice) made an error.

I look at keepers as strikers. The two main ingredients in the team that win and safe you games.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
[MENTION=23454]HawkTheSeagull[/MENTION] oh I see you're a much better fan than me because you don't have a go at players, well I can't be that bad a fan seeing as I had enough points to get a palace away play-off ticket, and I have around 1,300 odd points this season, if you could possibly come down off your high horse and instead of saying stuff on here and twitter, I'd be happy to meet you in person and discuss further

I never called you a bad fan, and having loyalty points doesnt mean a whole lot. I have 1300 too, im not boasting about it. Im not being a "keyboard warrior", far from it. Im not abusing people or anything like that, despite the crap ive had sent my way tonight by people who disagree with me.

I RTed you on Twitter, along with many others, because of the OTT abuse of Brezovan which was unwarranted because of a mistake. Yes, he had a bad game, a fair few players did - but calling him a "f*cking useless wanker", your words, is a bit much. As for the offer to meet in person, no thanks.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
It is not worth even getting worked up about it anymore. It is so obvious the guy is a million miles out of his depth that it defies belief and seriously undermines the credentials of several of the club's senior personnel that he continues to find himself employed by BHAFC. The utterly ridiculous thing is that he has been here since 2009 and everyone has known he isn't up to it since day one. Cast your mind back to when we signed him and you will recall he had just been released by Swindon, whose fans largely thought he was a steaming pile of turd. Prior to that, he had played some nonsense football in Slovakia. How have we ended up giving this chap FIVE YEARS worth of wages?

Even in League One he was terrible. I clearly remember him costing us goals in the 2009-10 season, and I remember writing long lists of them on this very site. Now, as a top end Championship club, we are still playing him. It's unreal. He genuinely has to be one of the luckiest footballers in history. A bit of training, home by 1pm, called upon six times a season in which at least two he will be responsible for an almighty cock up, and still thousands of pounds in the bank account every week.

He can apparently beat PIG at darts though!!!

But seriously I have to agree with every word.

We have decent quality backup players for every position except in goal.

How can this still be the case when we are looking like a decent bet for Premiership football in the near future?

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
[MENTION=23454]HawkTheSeagull[/MENTION]
Actually if you looked at what was written, I asked on here why you Retweeted me, you replied telling to read your twitter where you tweeted saying " I have RT many, so called "fans" abusing our own players" and what else could you mean by calling me a so called fan, I'm entitled to say that about brezovan as he is payed thousands every week and he cost us another two goals, he's done it time again so it's not just one mistake, anyway I can't be bothered to reply any more as I have a life and I've got to get up at 6 to do a paper round to pay for Millwall, and Bolton. Pretty good for a so called fan huh?

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
My little boy (who is 9) on hearing the team for tonight, said "not a bad line-up, shame about Brezovan though.

He's 9 ffs, come on Oscar, if little boys can see he's shite.........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here