Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Take a Bow Schelotto

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I believe he played under Conte at some stage .

Conte was manager of Atalanta when Schelotto was on their books, but he'd already been loaned out to Cesena before Conte took over. Conte resigned after only a few months and long before Schelotto returned so I don't think he'd have played under Conte in a match.

It was a great performance by The Greyhound yesterday, ran himself into the ground, it's those kind of performances that will make him a fan favourite for sure. Would have been great for him to cap of the day with a goal.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Conte was manager of Atalanta when Schelotto was on their books, but he'd already been loaned out to Cesena before Conte took over. Conte resigned after only a few months and long before Schelotto returned so I don't think he'd have played under Conte in a match.

It was a great performance by The Greyhound yesterday, ran himself into the ground, it's those kind of performances that will make him a fan favourite for sure. Would have been great for him to cap of the day with a goal.

Many thanks ,I thought there may have been a link between them ....or perhaps Conte asking if he fancied a move to Laaarrrrrndon.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Weren't there people saying during his earlier matches that players were deliberately not passing to him?

:facepalm:

Can’t blame them really, they must have read the post on here about him having won a sweepstake to get a game and the other one about him being the worst player to ever wear the stripes.

Ryde

Sep 22, 2005
Carisbrooke
Wikipedia:
Ezequiel Matías Schelotto (Italian pronunciation: [skeˈlɔtto]; born 23 May 1989) is an Argentine-Italian footballer who plays as a right back for English club Brighton & Hove Albion. He is nicknamed El Galgo ("The Greyhound" in Spanish) because of his running skills or, less frequently, El Mosquetero ("The Musketeer").

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Wikipedia:
Ezequiel Matías Schelotto (Italian pronunciation: [skeˈlɔtto]; born 23 May 1989) is an Argentine-Italian footballer who plays as a right back for English club Brighton & Hove Albion. He is nicknamed El Galgo ("The Greyhound" in Spanish) because of his running skills or, less frequently, El Mosquetero ("The Musketeer").

I like ‘Musketeer’......

8cb3114d626a183ea13ed5b8b82fef83.jpg

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Brilliant performance and effort
Do you think he actually would have walked off after the second appeal was turned down had Duffy not stopped him?
I also liked the way he made that ******* ref walk to him to book him

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Brilliant performance and effort
Do you think he actually would have walked off after the second appeal was turned down had Duffy not stopped him?
I also liked the way he made that ******* ref walk to him to book him

It was a bit bizarre - he was definitely heading for the tunnel, stopped, then carried on until someone (Goldson I think) told him to turn round and go back to the ref. Not sure if he was massively pissed off (he very obviously was) or expecting a red card (one for diving and one for whatever he probably called ‘Moobs’ Moss perhaps).

Amazed he managed to last the whole game after that, was convinced he was a 50/50 ball away from a red card.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Absolute quality. Just needs to get his haircut now.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here