Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade sacked by Charlton

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The thing I don't understand is why the hell would the owners stick around?

They're universally hated by the fans, they seem to not have the foggiest idea how to run a successful club and it's just costing them money.

What do they stand to gain from not just selling up?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The thing I don't understand is why the hell would the owners stick around?

They're universally hated by the fans, they seem to not have the foggiest idea how to run a successful club and it's just costing them money.

What do they stand to gain from not just selling up?

Indeed.

See also Blackpool, with all the shit the Oyston's are dumping on their fans. What do they gain by hanging on?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is it possible that they are hoping to sell the clubs on as going concerns to an American or Chinese consortium with little knowledge of the standard and make a profit.as it is a footbsll league club but as yet the price hasnt risen high enough.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Is it possible that they are hoping to sell the clubs on as going concerns to an American or Chinese consortium with little knowledge of the standard and make a profit.as it is a footbsll league club but as yet the price hasnt risen high enough.

But the price isn't likely to increase as they fall down the table/leagues and fans are leaving in their droves. Only possible plan to make money would be for the club to fold and try and make a profit on the land it occupies.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Just seem like a club with (understandably) no morale or direction at present, a real shame a decent club has been badly let down by the owners.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Joke decision by joke owners who have no idea how to run a football club. Feel really sorry for their fans and for SALDE who would have had to have been some sort of miracle worker to get better results then they have under such poisonous conditions.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I thought I saw last night that he was something like 12-1 on to become the new Mansfield manager today. Also Steve Cotterell 7-5 on to become MK Dons manager. The rewards of failure.

Karl Robinson's teams play football the way it should be played - on the floor, one touch, total football. The Valley awaits.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Karl Robinson's teams play football the way it should be played - on the floor, one touch, total football. The Valley awaits.

Yup. They one-touched their way all the way back to the arse-end of League One.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here