Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Training Ground

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I was also informed that the football analysts will be moving to the training ground from their currnet North Stand office location. Apparetly the whole 2nd floor is taken up by analysts at the Amex, might free some room up to enlarge dicks

A few more pics to follow

Crikey.

May 9, 2008
Stanmore, London
There is no synthetic grass in the pitch at the Amex, it is the stuff that the grass roots grows through that is synthetic - this stuff gives the pitch its strength and is the reason why the pitch never cuts up.

You are of course right that the idea is that being able to train on identical surfaces at Lancing should help reduce injuries. The majority of the pitches at the training ground aren't the same as the Amex though.

As an aside, my understanding is that at Southampton's training ground they've taken it a step further and created all sorts of different surfaces - so presumably have at least one churned up rugby pitch to practice on!

This is what we have - http://blog.fibrelasticturf.com/2011/01/brighton-hove-albion-fc-choose.html and this is what Arsenal & Wembley have http://www.dessosports.com/hybrid-grass

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I just wanna know what all those 'analysts' are doing. Didn't analyse derby very well! TG looks immense. Just hope TB can persuade someone to lead us for the long run.

We could analyse them perfectly well. What we lacked is the ability to do anything about it.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Looks top class.

Out of interest, how have the locals taken to this? Are there still nimby's?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Looks top class.

Don't know about the local locals but from Shoreham perspective, I was just at the airport from where you can see what I presume is the indoor pitch. While it's certainly not a thing of beauty, it's not particularly noticeable and doesn't blot anything out.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Looks top class.

Living very local to it from what I've seen and heard most locals seem to have accepted it now and are just moving on with life, there's also a number of locals who were against it to start with but are now actually impressed with how it looks and there's a buzz of excitement among a lot of youngsters. I've noticed there's more and more Albion shirts appearing down the local parks which is allways fantastic to see and hopefully the days of kids being embarrassed to be seen in an Albion shirt are gone. There is still a small and insignificant group of people who like to whinge and whine about everything to do with the training ground but they'll never be won over because if nothing else it would make them lose face after being so vocal against it from the start, They don't like being called NIMBY's though as it really upsets them for some reason the poor loves..

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
ask [MENTION=23245]Jam[/MENTION]theman he moved there to be close to it!

It looks beautiful to me!
Some neighbours scowled at me wearing my Albion top though. Shame eh!?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Looks like we are ready to start moving into the new training ground now, This is a copy of an email sent to the local residents group from Martin Perry.

Here's an email received from Martin Perry from BHAFC:

All
Works are now nearing completion at the Training Ground and sections of the building have now been handed to the Club to enable us to commence the installation of Furniture Fittings and Equipment.
These are therefore no longer “construction works” and because the nature of the remaining deliveries are of a sensitive nature they cannot be routed through the construction route.
The purpose of this note therefore is to let you know that as from Monday the “Chicane” at the end of Mash Barn Lane is being removed and deliveries of furniture etc., will be using this route. We are hoping that the majority of these deliveries will be completed within a period of two weeks after which deliveries will relate to the normal operation of the facility.
Wherever possible all remaining construction deliveries will still use the construction route until such time as the building is completely handed over.
You should also be aware that the pitches are now being handed to us in sequence and we are beginning to schedule normal pitch maintenance to prepare them for the arrival of the players at the end of June. This means that some mowing and irrigation has to take place at weekends although we will on an ongoing basis keep this to the absolute minimum. It means however that personnel will be on site on pitch maintenance activities from now on but once again this is not construction activity and therefore not restricted by planning conditions.
As from Monday 2nd June the Club will have a permanent presence on the site including overnight security.

Martin Perry

seafordtillidie

May 26, 2011
Suitably impressed by the facilty, everything looks fantastic.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Also took a look at the MCFC devoloment which shows the difference between us and the elite, unfortunately its a different world, planet, universe:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
And some people still think mid table is ok and Steve Clarke will be the next manager....Take a look around people. Last season was all about transition from Poyet onto the next era which is about to begin. Things are about to get very interesting,,,,,money's tight??????...Let's wait and see shall we.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here