Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bruno’s actions cost us 2 points today

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It does concern me somewhat that Bruno, apparently, feels the penalty award was "soft" and that he was "protecting myself and my space". Doesn't sound to me as though he feels he did anything wrong, which is a concern for future games.

Albion defender Bruno questions whether 'soft' penalty would have been given in the other box

I'd not expect him to come out and say anything else really, regardless of what he thinks.

But his comments remind me of when Pascal Gross was felled in the box. I turned to [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] and passed comment that if would be interesting to know if it had been given at the other end.

I've not seen a replay of that incident - I don't think MotD2 included it - so I don't know how good a shout it really was.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Have just seen highlights for the first time and I would argue that the penalty does seem harsh. It looks like Bruno put his arm up for protection as Calvert-Lewin was running straight to him and then straight in to him. Definitely not done on purpose but I can see why it was given by a ref looking to give something so the 'big team' wouldn't lose.

"If nothing else works, a total pig headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But his comments remind me of when Pascal Gross was felled in the box. I turned to [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] and passed comment that if would be interesting to know if it had been given at the other end.

I've not seen a replay of that incident - I don't think MotD2 included it - so I don't know how good a shout it really was.

I wanted to see that again as well, but of course it would have left less time for the in-depth Everton inquest.

From my angle it looked like a stone-waller. Gross was goalside of the defender and was already in mid-air at the far post, primed to get his head on the cross, until he was blatantly shoved in the back. It wasn't even a challenge for the ball, it was just a shove.

Oliver wasn't interested in giving us anything all afternoon though, so he certainly wasn't going to do his job with that one.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
CH said he didn't have a problem with the penalty, so he and Bruno are at odds here. I hope Bruno has apologised to his teammates. Yes, he has tons of credit in the bank. If he was continually being outjumped, maybe Bruno shld have switched markers with Dunky? Anyway, its done- at least we got a point. Lets hope the team is getting pissed off with giving away victories and will beat a team soundly soon. It is possible UTA.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Just seen the penalty incident - WTF was he thinking giving their player a forearm smash in the throat when the ball was going over both their heads ?! If the ref (who was bloody shocking by the way) gives the penalty for that then Bruno can count himself lucky not to get sent off ! Footballers can be more mindless at times - I hope those 2 points dropped don’t cost us at the end of the season.

But he created our goal with his overlapping run and sublime touch that left the Everton defender on his arse.

BRUNO SALTOR - LEADER. LEGEND. BEARD.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I wanted to see that again as well, but of course it would have left less time for the in-depth Everton inquest.

From my angle it looked like a stone-waller. Gross was goalside of the defender and was already in mid-air at the far post, primed to get his head on the cross, until he was blatantly shoved in the back. It wasn't even a challenge for the ball, it was just a shove.

Oliver wasn't interested in giving us anything all afternoon though, so he certainly wasn't going to do his job with that one.

Agree 100%

I'm in WSU, at the south end and could see from there it was as blatant a shove as you're ever going to witness.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Agree 100%

I'm in WSU, at the south end and could see from there it was as blatant a shove as you're ever going to witness.

South end? I was at the North end and was much closer.. Looked a blatant push on Gross.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
CH said he didn't have a problem with the penalty, so he and Bruno are at odds here. I hope Bruno has apologised to his teammates. Yes, he has tons of credit in the bank. If he was continually being outjumped, maybe Bruno shld have switched markers with Dunky? Anyway, its done- at least we got a point. Lets hope the team is getting pissed off with giving away victories and will beat a team soundly soon. It is possible UTA.

BBC sport website, analising Evertons performance, said they got the draw because they were gifted a soft penalty.
That's how I see it, but judging from some comments on here, anyone would think Bruno had smashed his elbow into him. I am of the opinion that he was hard done by, as were we, by a biased official.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Just seen the penalty incident - WTF was he thinking giving their player a forearm smash in the throat when the ball was going over both their heads ?! If the ref (who was bloody shocking by the way) gives the penalty for that then Bruno can count himself lucky not to get sent off ! Footballers can be more mindless at times - I hope those 2 points dropped don’t cost us at the end of the season.

Yeah! Let's lynch him!

On the other hand, let's just let it go?

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
BBC sport website, analising Evertons performance, said they got the draw because they were gifted a soft penalty.
That's how I see it, but judging from some comments on here, anyone would think Bruno had smashed his elbow into him. I am of the opinion that he was hard done by, as were we, by a biased official.

Rooney gave Bruno a pretty sharp nudge in the back just before the ball floated over.

It looks like Bruno retaliated to that, but to the wrong player.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I didnt think so at the time but it was a good job he received a yellow card for that challenge or it would have been a guaranteed red and 3 game ban retrospectively having watched it in slow motion.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The Gross incident was definetly a penalty and I didn’t even see it.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

On the Polish TV version I was watching it looked a nailed on penalty. The sort that gets given half the time and not the other half. But a penalty, as per the rules.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
He has shoved by Rooney (but didn't see who did it) and I think he lost it for a few seconds. He's an amazing pro and will be gutted that he dropped his guard. He'll work out why it happened and it won't happen again. No one needs to tell him how much it cost us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here