Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Shaqiri - Deal of the day

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Shaqiri - Deal of the Day: a bargain bucket and one of every item off the £ saver menu.

Talented lad when he can be bothered.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What this signing does is puts pressure on the other top 6 sides. If I was an Arsenal or Chelsea fan I'd be worried.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Where is dear God's name do you get the idea that he is 'cut price' and 'the steal of the day/week/close season'!

Mahrez - £60m - 27 years old

Shaqiri - £13m - 26 years old

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
If you define quality by attitude, being a team player and working hard; they've signed the polar opposite to real quality. I don't think this little napoleon would get into a Hughton or Southgate team.

This seems to be the prevailing view of the player, but IMHO it's a bit of a fallacy.

Yes, he was a bit Billy big bollocks at Stoke but that's because he knew he was the best player in a falling team with a deluded, sheep-head **** for a manager.

I think he'll knuckle down at a big club and with a manager like Klopp. Absolute steal for Liverpool.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
That is daylight robbery. A real steal. He is only 26. 4-5 peak years ahead of him. Great signing.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think he'll knuckle down at a big club and with a manager like Klopp.

One would assume that Klopp is NOT a manager like Pep Guardiola as the Alpine Messi only started 13 games for him in a season and a half at Bayern before being dumped off to Inter.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Wilshire - Free - 26 years old

Even on a free, one would hope the first month's medical insurance would be thrown in for Jack Wheelchair.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Where is dear God's name do you get the idea that he is 'cut price' and 'the steal of the day/week/close season'! Are you drunk man? Do your research!
Perhaps Bayern who wanted shot of him and then Inter who kept him about half a year before they realised that he is a grade A **** and kicked him out. In his transfers to Stoke, Bayern & Inter, only daft Stoke have paid more than Liverpool. This is very much a punt by the scousers, he'll be at West Ham this time next year, mark my words. He needs to be a big fish in a small pond.
"Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp said: "I think the English phrase to explain the decision to sign Xherdan is a 'no-brainer'. I know him well from his time in Switzerland and especially Germany - I have been a long-time admirer. But the added bonus now is that he knows the Premier League and what it takes to perform in this uniquely intense environment. He has speed and ability, has the right amount of arrogance on the football pitch, real bravery to want the ball and influence things."

Game, set and match Klopp, I think. Someone who has first hand knowledge of the player....................................probably done his homework too.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Game, set and match Klopp, I think. Someone who has first hand knowledge of the player....................................probably done his homework too.

And clearly second fiddle to Mane, Firmino and Salah. How long before the bench warming gets to him?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp said: "I think the English phrase to explain the decision to sign Xherdan is a 'no-brainer'. I know him well from his time in Switzerland and especially Germany - I have been a long-time admirer. But the added bonus now is that he knows the Premier League and what it takes to perform in this uniquely intense environment. He has speed and ability, has the right amount of arrogance on the football pitch, real bravery to want the ball and influence things."

Klopp dosn't seem a 'homework' kinda guy to me....more a 'having a fag behind the bogs' sort of guy...:shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Didn’t work out great for Stoke

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
Chambers? Not sure how long it will take before he can play again.
He’ll be on the bench too. Don’t forget that they’ve just spent close to 100 million on Fabinho and Keita - who will most likely start in the middle alongside Henderson. Salah, Mane and Firmino have all earned their spots. Shaqiri will be competing for the spots on the bench with Milner, Lallana and Ox

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here