Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is anybody still worried that we will not get automatic promotion?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Not me. This team have proven week in week out that they have what it takes to now complete the modest task before them. The last 15 minutes against QPR showed me a team that will not break in situations that they may have done before. Also Hudds are done, they looked exhausted against Bristol and Forest. They now have time to prepare for the playoffs properly unlike ourselves last season.

It's when not if now. Can we remain focused enough to win the title? That's a different question altogether, but I'll worry about that after Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Slight nagging doubt that if one club could blow this in our position, we've got history in shooting ourselves in the foot. Win at Wolves and as good as up though

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
DrNoDrNo.jpg

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
I have seen a lot of threads where people are confident that we will be promoted. I was just wondering if anyone is still nervous and feels that Huddersfield are not finished yet. I just feel that if Huddersfield win on Friday and Monday it could become tight again. I can see us losing to Wolves. By Monday night, we could still need 3 points from our last 3 games. The team looked really nervous in the last fifteen minutes against QPR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Huddersfield looked nervous in the whole of the 90 minutes against Forest. Enjoy the moment. It might not be all done and dusted by Monday like some seem to think, but we're going up.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Yes until it is confirmed .

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm 99.9% certain we've done it, but all these triumphant threads are starting to do my head in. There's a professional job to be done to get the P next to our name & then hopefully kick on and get some silverware. I'm sure Chris and the players are more focussed than the fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This pretty much sums it up for me – not worried, but just not taking ANYTHING for granted at the moment. I'm also interested to see how the team reacts WHEN promotion is secured (if it is, etc, etc) because the title will still be up for grabs. That could go all the way to the last day, but will the focus still be there? With CH in charge, I think the answer will probably be 'yes', but you never know...

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
It's like sex. Even if you know that you are on course for a superb orgasm, you don't light up the post-coital cigarette until both of you have finished.

Not a bad analogy but why not include Newcastle and have a ménage a trois?

It's not just the terriers. Everyone on here seems to have forgotten that the fat Spanish waiter is also yet to sing.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Great if you go up via the play offs at Wembley but if you miss out how depressing, however I would prefer the P against our name by Monday night so we can enjoy trying to win the championship which will be important to try and help attract some new players to help us stay in the premiership.
Don't forget the streamers.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have seen a lot of threads where people are confident that we will be promoted. I was just wondering if anyone is still nervous and feels that Huddersfield are not finished yet. I just feel that if Huddersfield win on Friday and Monday it could become tight again. I can see us losing to Wolves. By Monday night, we could still need 3 points from our last 3 games. The team looked really nervous in the last fifteen minutes against QPR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Amusing, that even through your apparent pessimism, you've still ASSUMED that we'll automatically beat Wigan.

The scenario you paint is not the nightmare one. That, would leave us still needing SIX points from the last three games :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Anyone still concerned should financially reduce any unlikely blow by investing in the 100/1 available on us not being promoted. We are going up, and I have been 'match by match' ultra cautious all season.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Anyone worried can back us not to go up at 100/1 with sky bet. Stick on 50 quid and if we fail to go up then go to Vegas and pretend life doesn't matter.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Immediately after the QPR game was convinced it was all over. It feels like a long time between matches now and the caution has crept back in. I wouldn't say I'm worried but I'm not entirely relaxed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here