Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We are now entering the World Cup phase of the transfer window. Not expecting anything really now for a month.

Those few weeks between the WC ending and English transfer window closing, are going to be manic for PL and Championship clubs.

Not just buying, but loads of players for clubs to get rid, to reach permissible squad sizes. Perhaps a record number of loans?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Those few weeks between the WC ending and English transfer window closing, are going to be manic for PL and Championship clubs.

Not just buying, but loads of players for clubs to get rid, to reach permissible squad sizes. Perhaps a record number of loans?
Transfer deadline day is August 9th ( same for EFL ), but players can still be loaned out to the EFL until August 31st.

So PL teams could sort out their 25 man squads by Aug 9th, and then have until Aug 31st to loan out the surplus - eg Towell, Hemed/Baldock etc.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Transfer deadline day is August 9th ( same for EFL ), but players can still be loaned out to the EFL until August 31st.

So PL teams could sort out their 25 man squads by Aug 9th, and then have until Aug 31st to loan out the surplus - eg Towell, Hemed/Baldock etc.

Seems like Towell's been a fringe player forever.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Would it advantageous to a player and his national side to announce his transfer to the big time (AKA Premier League) on the day of his debut appearance at a World Cup?

#letshopeit’sfiveyears

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
maybe today is the day for a singing? maybe a little less exciting than the man from Iran but Moore? Mcnair? Button?
Reading holding out for £15 million for Moore, likely bidding war for McNair.... these two deals seem 'stuck'.

Button ? maybe.... perhaps we can include Norwood in the deal ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Reading holding out for £15 million for Moore, likely bidding war for McNair.... these two deals seem 'stuck'.

Button ? maybe.... perhaps we can include Norwood in the deal ?

I'm sure i read somewhere that actual swap deals are incredibly rare ? (except on football fans forums :wink:)

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I'm sure i read somewhere that actual swap deals are incredibly rare ? (except on football fans forums :wink:)

Like "pay as you play" contracts. :facepalm:

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent

RE Mcnair Something tells me that Sunderland will need to start getting rid of players soon as they cannot get new ones in until money freed up. Their Chairman is full of bluster etc but they are getting outbid by Hibs and Peterborough at the moment and finding the transition reasonably difficult. (especially as most players there want to leave but are on big wages and wont go easily)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's over 3 weeks since the last singing and we need 1-2 keepers, and 4-5 outfield players.

Best get at least 1 keeper in before the Swiss training camp, in fact maybe it would be wise to get at least another player in as well before they jet off.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hanover have turned down 10m for Nicky 'Shepherd & Dog' Fulking, come on Winstano you know it makes sense.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Rumours of us competing with Stoke for James Chester again this morning. Good amount of PL and international experience, but seems they want the best part of £10 million, which seems excessive for a 29 year old. Pretty short for a centre back as well at 5"11.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Rumours of us competing with Stoke for James Chester again this morning. Good amount of PL and international experience, but seems they want the best part of £10 million, which seems excessive for a 29 year old. Pretty short for a centre back as well at 5"11.

He'll still tower over Ryan.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

If Chester wants to play football every week, l'd choose Stoke, as he won't be doing it at the Albion.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here