Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] WC: Morocco v Iran

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't think I could agree less. Italy and the Netherland's did not qualify because they were not good enough. Basically a totally shithouse Sweden denied both of them. This is the World Cup, not the Euro's.

Asia represents 60% of the earth's population, they get 4/5 qualifiers. Africa another 16% of the World's population with 5 qualifiers. So in total 75% of the world's population represented by 9/10 places. That is not fair. Yes, European sides are better at football at the moment but I really cannot think of anything more boring than playing three teams from Europe in the group stages, that is basically what you are advocating. Wait until you have seen the likes of Iceland, Sweden, Serbia and Switzerland stinking the place out before you draw your conclusions on the quality of European football.

And finally, last World Cup 7 out of 13 European qualifiers were knocked out in the Group Stage, so more than 50% out. I would say, if anything, there is a case for reducing European participation rather than increasing it.

I just watched a game tonight that would never be matched on god's green earth in 100 years by the likes of any nation looking for the FIFA shilling to expand their participation. The fact that Italy and Holland cocked up qualifying against teams who's boots Egypt, Iran etc are not fit to look at, let alone kiss, let alone shine, means that I'm right.

Anyway, I'm not right, I just imagine I am and am just venting :wave::thumbsup:

Cracking game tonight - I hope you enjoyed it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I just watched a game tonight that would never be matched on god's green earth in 100 years by the likes of any nation looking for the FIFA shilling to expand their participation. The fact that Italy and Holland cocked up qualifying against teams who's boots Egypt, Iran etc are not fit to look at, let alone kiss, let alone shine, means that I'm right.

Anyway, I'm not right, I just imagine I am and am just venting :wave::thumbsup:

Cracking game tonight - I hope you enjoyed it.

You're simply right.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Iran beating the USA in 1998 is an all time highlight for me. The horror for the only yank in the pub when everyone erupted with excitement at the Persian goal was priceless, he thought he'd stumbled upon an Islamist cell on the Lewes Road. There's a great film about women watching Iran's qualifiers that year called 'Offside, all discuised as men. If I only watched football for the quality on display, I'd have avoided several decades of tut watching the Albion. The passion for football is international and no less in Tehran or Marrakech than Berlin or Buenos Aires. Although I did watch better football at the CONIFA World Cup last week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here