DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Breakout by swing out sister

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
"Wired for Sound" by Cliff Richard.

I then went to see him in concert at The Brighton Centre and loudly professed my love for the great man.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Can't believe I'm telling you this...

'Two Little Boys Had Two Little Toys' by Rolf Harris !! at age 6

I was 6 years old!

That’s a double whammy! A nightmare song when he was a national treasure and then made worse by the conviction!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Didn't need to buy singles. Was supplied them by a family member in the business. Boxloads of them. You name it, I listened to it.
First LP.....The Move
First live act.....10cc.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Up up and away - 5th dimension!

(Didn't really buy singles though)

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Hard to answer as before I bought singles, I had them bought for me at Christmas, birthdays and other times. Whilst my first single was Raunchy, a favourite of John Lennon therefore cool, I suppose the first uncool single would have been My Boomerang wont Come Back by Charlie Drake.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Eiffel 65 - Blue
Followed by
Vengaboys - We're going to Ibiza

Beat that

Weird I hadnt seen your post until I posted mine.

Eiffel 65 - Blue is now stuck in my head.

I would have to check with him but I am fairly sure my brothers was

DJ Pied Piper - Do you really like it.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I'm not ashamed of a single song in my 100,000+ collection. Music snobbery is embarrassing IMO.
The first single I bought was when I was 10, was by Letitia Dean and Paul Medford: Something Outta Nothing.

And for good measure, I saw the Spice Girls in concert. Twice. And they were superb. So there!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Was that the remix of You Were Made For Me? :wink:

I think we need to let the younger posters see just how uncool this single was (I loved it when it came out, but I was very young in my defence) :lolol:

Pleased to say that even at 5 or 6 years old I recognised Freddie Garrity for what he was. That constant idiot smile and stupid effeminate dance.....gold plated thundercnt if ever I saw one.

I would add to the list of deeply offensive career thieves from the 60s, Peter Noone, Freddy Parrot-faced Davies, and Mike and Bernie Winters, all of whom pretended to be singers at one pont or other in their tedious talent-free lives. I own none of their works.

:O:clap::lolol::rock:

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
That isn't an uncool single! The Damned and Motorhead both covered it.

Personally was never a singles fan. The only one I ever bought was the 1978 Re-issue of Silver Machine...

Not sure if Motorhead covered it, but The Damned B side version defiantly has Lemmy on bass.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here