Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Obscure" US TV choices - recommendations please

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I can't wait though I've got 2 more seasons of Breaking Bad to get through first. The last thing I watched before BB was Ozark which I loved [emoji846]

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

Solid, impressive first episode. I think it's right up there with HBOs Sopranos and Game of Thrones. Thandie Newton steals the show

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The final series of The Americans has started (I'm watching via Kodi) and it's bloody good.

I don't think you need an encyclopedic knowledge of series 1-5, but with that in mind it certainly isn't a stand alone finale.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
The final series of The Americans has started (I'm watching via Kodi) and it's bloody good.

I don't think you need an encyclopedic knowledge of series 1-5, but with that in mind it certainly isn't a stand alone finale.

You don't need Kodi, Season 6 has been on ITV4 since 04/04/18 first 5 episodes shown.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
If you liked The Inbetweeners then you would probably like the show Workaholics, it's basically a stonner comedy ...really childish and crude but always makes me laugh and there are 7 seasons to go through so plenty of content!
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1610527/
p13597071_b_v8_aa.jpg

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Have started watching Stan Against Evil which stars John C McGinley. It's a comedy / horror and after 3 episodes I'm not sure if its good or just weird.

Have also been watching The Ranch on Netflix which a comedy with Ashton Kutcher and Sam Elliott and is pretty funny.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Have started watching Stan Against Evil which stars John C McGinley. It's a comedy / horror and after 3 episodes I'm not sure if its good or just weird.

Have also been watching The Ranch on Netflix which a comedy with Ashton Kutcher and Sam Elliott and is pretty funny.

Ooooo! Ashton Kutcher is back. I wonder if Charlie Sheen will take over his role when Ashton's character gets killed by being pushed off a train platform.

Coincidentally, The Ranch creators Jim Patterson and Don Reo worked on 2.5 Men, which also was centered on two brothers, with the actor playing one of them, Sheen, abruptly leaving the show.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Ooooo! Ashton Kutcher is back. I wonder if Charlie Sheen will take over his role when Ashton's character gets killed by being pushed off a train platform.

Coincidentally, The Ranch creators Jim Patterson and Don Reo worked on 2.5 Men, which also was centered on two brothers, with the actor playing one of them, Sheen, abruptly leaving the show.

I almost put on my post that it was kind of like Two and a Half Men, I guess that explains why :lol:

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Finished both series of Sneaky Pete recently. Pretty good.

Now watching Deep State on Fox (yes, I know) and the latest Billions series on Sky.

Billions is definitely one of the most watchable American dramas on TV today.

Deep State is OK and fairly routine spy drama. The main reason I am watching that one is that they filmed lots of command centre, corridor, hotel and interrogation room scenes last Summer near to where I live.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Netflix Original - Evil Genius. A four part docuseries about a pizza delivery driver's murder and bank robbery. Fascinating watch and intriguing who done it.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Started watching Happy! on netflix. It's crazy and violent and hilarious.

Ruddy heck my hard drive is *straining* under the load of recommendations here.

I really enjoyed Mosaic (Steven Soderberg's latest and boy he tells a good story), a murder whodunnit thing with really top top acting I thought; and after the recent Twitter meltdown over the cancellation and un-cancellation of Brooklyn 99, thought I'd see what the fuss was about. At first it felt like a series of admittedly funny Vines (one for the kids) stitched together, but ten episodes in, with the 'sit' defined and the 'com' gag rate high, and the characters bedded in, I'm chuckling along very happily.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
I just finished watching Safe on Netflix staring Michael C Hall (From Dexter) I thought it was really good, suspenseful and always keeping you guessing wtf was going on :) I'd recommend it ...and it's only 10 episodes long so not too much investment needed!

This is next on my radar

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Absolutely agree. Season 1 of Expanse was OK but season 2 was one fo the best things Ive seen this year and cant wait for the next season of this sci-fi opera.

Into season 3 and it keeps getting better, I haven't warmed to any of the cast though for some reason.

Watched 2 good sci-fi series, Extinct and Altered Carbon, both worth watching.

On the downside Dark Matter has been cancelled by scyfy and The 100 turned to crap in season 3 imo.

Fear the walking dead keeps improving and TWD is effing boring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here