Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Timing the goal kicks North Stand style

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The chant needs to be accurate, I propose "1 mississippi, 2 mississippi, .... or maybe "1 izquierdo, 2 izquierdo, ...." - or maybe the whole North Stand can do the Countdown theme?

What a good idea,can somebody build a clock?

cntd.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agree, just makes us look stupid. At least with the white line for free licks these days we don't get the counting out of the 10 yards for the wall.

Last night the time wasting by the keeper just showed how poor Mason was. If he had clamped down on it in the 1st half and produced a yellow card after warning the keeper, that would have been the end of the time wasting.

It also highlights that time added on at the end of the half doesn't reflect the timewasting. In the second half 3 minutes were added. but we had one goal 6 substitutes and an on field injury. my understanding is 30 seconds to be added for each substitution, which is 3 minutes, plus another 2 minutes for the goal and injury, the probably a further 5 minutes for time wasting.

Was hilarious up at Rotherham 3 seasons ago....ref clearly got the distance massively wrong on a FK.......he paced it out again with us noisily 'helping' him.........only got to 8 as his steps go smaller and smaller.......but still didn't move the wall.........

SAC

May 21, 2014
We should go back to The Goldstone days of when an opposition player went down injured we all sang “Bring on the Dustbin “

I preferred "Dig a hole and bury the ****" However you could be caught on MOTD and banned for this now.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Any stop in play means stop the clock, 30 minute halves, sorted!

Not sorted at all. the 'six second rule' and the keeper's blatant breaching of it, is only relevant when the ball IS in play. He'd still be stealing time from your 30 minutes.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
BUT that rule about 10 seconds was repealed years ago....they can hold on to it and once they have dropped it they can take as long as they want to kick it....there is no rule to speed the game up like the old 10 second rule.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I preferred "Dig a hole and bury the ****" However you could be caught on MOTD and banned for this now.

or " you're going home in a Sussex Ambulance"

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I was watching the match on Bein sports and the commentators were saying the 6 second rule still applies and that the Stoke keeper broke that every time he had the ball from the start of the game,even they were moaning about it,also they went mad when the penalty was not given,to quote their words he has totally lost the plot !

I think I had the same commentary on my coverage.* I quite liked how they were suggesting the refs should pay attention to the crowd counting out the 6 seconds. It would be quite amusing to see the ref blow up just as the crowd chants "SIX".

* Coverage once again tarnished by Andy Townsend. Thankfully he was demoted to the studio to give his "expert" analysis at half time.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
How about this rule change to stop time wasting?

For ever second a player is down, supposedly injured, and then has to go off the pitch before being allowed back on... How about the 4th official times how long from him going down to getting off the pitch and that's exactly the time he then has to wait before being allowed back on again?

And what about a player that gets injured, he walks slowly off the pitch, wasting time, and is then immediately signalled back on. Why can he not stay on and play resumed ?

My other bitch is --- referees should be able to distinguish between a player who is genuinely fouled and goes down, and one who is felled by a puff of wind. There were several instances of this on Monday.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I remember it as being " you're going home in a fu@king Ambulance" or was it just the anarchy in me at the time?

As sung to away fans

I hear the sound
Of distant farts
Over there
Over there
And do they smell
Like ****ing hell.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills