Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup Play-Offs.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
If this is going to be the standard or football quality at the world cup then this will be the worst world cup in living memory.
Italy are a shadow of their former selves but this 'anti-football' a lot of these teams are playing will kill the game. Sweden have 10 x 6+ ft yard dogs on display, no creativity whatsoever. It is desperate to watch.
Knocky would walk into this Italian team too.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And they miss Russia 2018, could turn quite nasty this

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
World Cup finals without Italy. It just doesn't seem right.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
FFS. Ha ha. Italy, eat my shorts.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The last 6 World Cup play-off games over the weekend and today have now finished 0-0!

It's almost like none of the players fancy a going to go a World Cup in Russia when they could spend the summer somewhere decent and less dangerous instead...

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
World Cup finals without Italy. It just doesn't seem right.

Once they were paired with Spain in their group, it looked tough.

Failing to score twice against Sweden in either leg of the play-off shows they're not good enough.

That 2-1 defeat in the last World Cup ultimately f**k*d up our chances in the group stage opener. And I still haven't forgotten Italia '90 when the referee awarded them a penalty in the third place match so Salvatore Schillachi could finish the tournament as top goalscorer.

:bigwave:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
La Gazzetta dello Sport with added Google Translate:

"There will be no magical nights chasing no goal, we will not be with you or you with us, so great love will be better reserved for other things.
It's time to start watching the June and July evening program: concerts, village festivals, movie theaters.
Anything, though not to look at the matches of Sweden in Russia 2018."

I'm sure there are some good village festivals on.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
And I've never seen a multi ball system like that. I'm sure the Italians were taking the throw on almost before the other ball had gone out!

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I feel a bit sorry for Buffoon though, not the best end to the legendary keeper’s international career ��

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Cant believe that Italy lost the Meatball Derby, not qualified for the first time since the 50s, blimey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here