Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Transport to/from The Amex

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I've found the busses are a bit of a pain on Sundays, as they don't seem to run a lot. Normal method now is to get a 49 and walk the last bit up via Bridge Car Park.

That sounds like a good idea actually, especially if you want to avoid all the hassle of trying to get on a 25 after the game to return to town. How long does the walk take you?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
That sounds like a good idea actually, especially if you want to avoid all the hassle of trying to get on a 25 after the game to return to town. How long does the walk take you?

10 minutes or so. You could probably do it in less. Probably slightly quicker after the game as it's downhill that way.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
I've found the busses are a bit of a pain on Sundays, as they don't seem to run a lot. Normal method now is to get a 49 and walk the last bit up via Bridge Car Park.

Out of interest, how busy are the 49s with supporters? I've always assumed the nearest stop (Bolney Road?) was slightly too far away to tempt people.

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
There is a problem for people who don't have a blue badge but do have limited mobility. Given sufficient time, my wife can walk to our West Stand seats from the bus stop in Village Way by using the lift, but certainly not from the approved drop off point.

QUOTE=BensGrandad;8192891]The situation in Village Way will be eased when the TV Lorry Park is finished. It goes without saying that the dropping off and picking up in cars should not be permitted within 1 hour before kick off and 1 hour after the game but I am not sure how it can be enforced. Perhaps the answer is to put barriers up and not allow cars up that road that do not have a parking permit for the uni or health centre but I dont think that would go down very well. Asking for co-operation will not work either as most peoples attitude unfortunately is blow you jack I am alright and will continue to do what I do now as long as I can.[/QUOTE]

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Out of interest, how busy are the 49s with supporters? I've always assumed the nearest stop (Bolney Road?) was slightly too far away to tempt people.

I got it once when I stuck in town before an evening game. I was surprised how empty it was: only about 10 fans got off and this was about 25/30 minutes before KO

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

I can only speak of going to the game, as I get a lift back. On the way to the ground they are not particularly busy and you can certainly get a seat, but there's always enough supporters that you can easily follow the crowd to the stadium. As for going back, I'd imagine it will be a bit busier, but probably better than trying to get the 25. Downside is it has no stewarding at all, as I imagine it's not really part of the transport plan.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Looking on Google Maps and notice Southern Water have a largish car park:

https://goo.gl/maps/avENMjsqS1t

maybe they could be persuaded to sell parking spaces there?

Didn't this come up before we'd even move into the Amex. I seem to recall the club saying they tried to get SW to let the car park be used but the company wouldn't play ball

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It's not that large, and it's always full with Southern Water employees (including me, by far the biggest perk of working there!)

Ha! Don't wish to ruin your good perk then, just noticed it looking at Google Maps satelite view.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
There is a problem for people who don't have a blue badge but do have limited mobility. Given sufficient time, my wife can walk to our West Stand seats from the bus stop in Village Way by using the lift, but certainly not from the approved drop off point.

You should use the University Sports Centre car park drop off point as there are very frequent shuttle buses for those that are less mobile. They drop off at the top of the lift in the coach park. Takes a few minutes in the minibus. Great service, used it when I had my leg in a cast & was on crutches. No blue badge needed.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
It can't be too much trouble surely, just to jump on any bus to St.Peter's Church, then scamper around to the other side of the Church, and jump on a 25, 25X, 28, or 29 to then stadium. No clogging up of trains that way!

Not so much the journeys (time can sometimes be an issue)

it is illogical idea of having to go into town to go out again

routes.jpg

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
Another idea muted in the pub the other day....

could they not allow one-way access via the rear entrance of Stanmer park (upper lodges gate on ditchling road) ?

Park & ride buses / shuttle buses / University parking going in before game & going out after game

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This. Mate of mine does the same. No chance of anyone else being able to use it !

Similarly the Farm Shop opposite Village Way sells spaces to supporters, but it has been full for years, and there is a waiting list as long as your arm. The owner probably makes more money from flogging the parking spaces at inflated prices, than he does from his shop.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Similarly the Farm Shop opposite Village Way sells spaces to supporters, but it has been full for years, and there is a waiting list as long as your arm. The owner probably makes more money from flogging the parking spaces at inflated prices, than he does from his shop.

Is it full with a waitlist though ? I walk to and from the ground past the shop and every game there are away fans parked in there. Does he keep a few spaces for ‘POTG’ ?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Is it full with a waitlist though ? I walk to and from the ground past the shop and every game there are away fans parked in there. Does he keep a few spaces for ‘POTG’ ?

I'm not sure to be honest. All l know is that a friend applied to park there this season, but was told that there is a waiting list.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here