Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cologne fans

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Whatever you think of it, I believe Koln have set the benchmark here for the Albion to follow on our forthcoming visit.

If we don't take 17'000 fans and completely take over the home end before kick-off it will look a little lame.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It's alleged match-fixing. Arsenal were 1/3 to win tonight. What a coincidence they're losing to 8/1 Cologne with all that could kick-off.

I haven't got a bet on the game by the way.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Whatever you think of it, I believe Koln have set the benchmark here for the Albion to follow on our forthcoming visit.

If we don't take 17'000 fans and completely take over the home end before kick-off it will look a little lame.

Isn't 17,000 fans from the Chuba Akpom fan club? :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm a bit disappointed by all of this.

When I put BT Sport on, the last thing I wanted to see was a football match being played out in what appears to be relative calm.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Well Cologne fans, having earlier lambasted The Sun for painting you as an unruly mob, you've gone and turned into, er an unruly mob. Shameful really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
It kicked off a few hours ago.

It hasn't really kicked off. There have been one or two scraps, a few barriers going over but on the whole it's been ok. Certainly not major confrontations, yet. By and large, the Cologne fans have been really good. Loud, proud and passionate.
It's been known, for a few weeks that Cologne would bring thousands more fans than had tickets and yet this is somehow a huge surprise as Arsenal, Islington council and Plod have done next to nothing to prepare.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Arsenal are ****ing awful

And so are they're fans
Absolute joke, the Amex would be buzzing with a brilliant away following such as Koln's tonight but you could hear a pin drop in the home end, you'd think the Arsenal fans would be really up for it with such a massive following on their manor, but nothing

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'm a bit disappointed by all of this.

When I put BT Sport on, the last thing I wanted to see was a football match being played out in what appears to be relative calm.

The Emirates has never really been an archetype of what you may call, a cauldron of sound.
You have a manager in Wenger, who looks like a school teacher in that nice cardigan, always looking like he will shoosh anybody at the slightest noise!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Well Cologne fans, having earlier lambasted The Sun for painting you as an unruly mob, you've gone and turned into, er an unruly mob. Shameful really.

And the shameful comment is aimed at both sides. To be honest, Arsenal should have offered them 10,000 tickets. Most of the Europa tickets are taken by tourists anyhow.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It hasn't really kicked off. There have been one or two scraps, a few barriers going over but on the whole it's been ok. Certainly not major confrontations, yet. By and large, the Cologne fans have been really good. Loud, proud and passionate.
It's been known, for a few weeks that Cologne would bring thousands more fans than had tickets and yet this is somehow a huge surprise as Arsenal, Islington council and Plod have done next to nothing to prepare.

Police reported "no significant disorder" on the BBC. Looking at it another way you could say Arsenal, Islington Council and the plod etc handled a difficult situation well?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Police reported "no significant disorder" on the BBC. Looking at it another way you could say Arsenal, Islington Council and the plod etc handled a difficult situation well?

Maybe but my point is why has this been such a surprise? With better planning this might not have developed into a situation.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Indeed. The local police are sure to love it, and take it all in good spirit.
Friend of mine did security for Young Boys vs Partizan tonight - the police gave permission that anyone who puts their arm through the gates should just have their arm broken, and anyone who jumps a gate should be ****ing hurt quickly so no one else tries.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Was there on Saturday

Great to see and hear an atmosphere...the place just literally sucks the life out of you no matter how hard you try. Fair play to the travelling fans from Cologne...a bit of a reflection on Arsenal fans in that so many tickets were sold on. That aside 15000 Germans marching up to north London....probably never happened before so hats off..

The trip back might not be so easy mind

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Arsenal will never live this down. Social media has seen their fans complaining about a dirty seat, being scared, all while they have been taken over by the opposition who have got their tickets from Arsenal fans.
Gentrification of the working man's game is complete.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here