Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion v Man City, PREMIER LEAGUE match report.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
New season, new division, same drill. Match report published - read it if you WANT.

http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?687-Albion-0-2-Manchester-City-12-08-2017

Once we’d waved our blue or white bin liners and had a rousing sing-along, the Albion players were tasked with the challenge of putting aside all the insane comparisons, and proving the old 11 v 11 adage. Or, as it transpires, not. Not in the first period at least – either by conscious design, or succumbing to a subconscious sense of inferiority, the Albion immediately shrank back to the 30 yards in front of Maty Ryan’s goal, and camped there till half time

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That NBC pronunciation guide is fascinating but it's wrong for one of our players: It's not Jiri it's Jiří and that hacek means that it's pronounced yirzhee not yirhee.

Good report though - more accurate than that guide

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Nice one :thumbsup:

Just a note on your last sentence, im sure you said it in jest but i have noticed a fair few people on here expecting something from Leicester, i just hope people arent going to get on the players or managers backs if we get beaten.

Leicester's form last season after Ranieri was sacked was almost as good as the season before when they won the league. They are still not considered as one of the big guns in the league, but thats just because, well, they're Leicester.

They are still a very, very good side, who attack in a much different, yet equally effective way to the Man City's of the league, we will be severely tested again.

Not many teams will go to the Emirates and score 3, the only saving grace is they conceded 4, if only we had a Lacazette! Still perhaps we will have a fit again Knockaert with a point to prove and a new record signing in Izquierdo, who knows maybe even a striker who can keep up with them!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Great to see these will be produced again this season; thanks for making the effort once again [MENTION=29900]Exile[/MENTION].

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Nice one :thumbsup:

Just a note on your last sentence, im sure you said it in jest ...

Very much so. Leicester looked a very good side on Friday night.

TBH I'm not sure there's a single game that I'm EXPECTING anything from. Plenty where we'll HOPE to do well, but that's not the same thing at all.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
No doubt I'm being dense, but I can only see a link to a random 2003 thread called 'Nush and Cameron'...?? What am I doing wrong?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
No doubt I'm being dense, but I can only see a link to a random 2003 thread called 'Nush and Cameron'...?? What am I doing wrong?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah there's something wrong with the Tapatalk link. If you go to "open in browser" then it works and you can read a very decent match report instead of a thread about Big Brother or similar from 14 years ago.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Excellent as usual.

Thank you [MENTION=29900]Exile[/MENTION]

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Does the report finish at half time?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
Next he had the ball in the Albion net, but by nefarious means – excellent spot from the impressive Michael Oliver, that he’d flicked it past Ryan with an out-stretched hand. Jesus received a deserved yellow card for his deception, along with treatment for injury sustained (by Dunk shoving him against the post) in the process.

Jesus got an elbow from Maty Ryan in the throat, didn't he? That's what I could see from the various replays.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Good report well done.
It was one of the most skewed games I've attended with all 22 players apparently accepting from the outset that Brighton would just do the defending while the City galacticos would spend all their time attacking. Bizarre, but maybe realistic? Would like to have seen more adventurous, coherent attack from us.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here