Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Scotland

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I am fully aware of the make up of Great Britain, United Kingdom, British Isles the problem I have is why loads of people have this love in for Ireland given that they are not part of the UK and are not a home nation. It seems to me that when they are doing well lots of people recall Irish ancestors and look to embrace them. Despite the historical link there is no connection with England, and indeed if you are going by historical links should we not also be supporting France given that large tracks of northern France was once part of England.

Northern France nor any part of France has ever been part of England. Parts of France were ruled by British kings though for some time

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Raheem Sterling cannot vote in the EU referendum…because he is unable to put a cross in the box.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Northern France nor any part of France has ever been part of England. Parts of France were ruled by British kings though for some time

Queen Mary lost Calais, which belonged to us.
The Duke of Normandy conquered us whilst still owning his own area. As King William, you could say he owned parts of France whilst King of England.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You'll be disappointed with that spelling of either Sicily or The Scilly Isles or possibly both :moo:
You'll be disappointed in not knowing it's The Isles of Scilly.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Also using my Irish Dad as a reason to be cheerfull and my Welsh wife actualy watching football has been amazing!

My reason to be cheerful = Scottish wife

Hutonthebeach

Apr 19, 2016
No it doesn't someone posted there are 5 home nations not 4 but the headline is clear that Ireland is not a home nation.

But your original point was that we shouldn't have a special interest in the progress of Ireland at the Euros.
You then posted a link to a BBC article whose headline contradicted your view.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here