Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What are your Christmas tree lights doing?

How do you set your Christmas tree lights up?

• Off / no lights

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • Just on - the classic - no flashing, strobing or fading

Votes: 75 60.0%
  • Slow random-ish twinkling

• Fast random-ish twinkling

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Slowly getting brighter then slowly fading

• Alternate lights on and off

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Everything - they work their way through the full sequence

Votes: 13 10.4%
  • Something else

Votes: 4 3.2%

• Total voters

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
At the moment, they're in the attic but there's no flashing in this household

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm sensing a slight shift back to multi-coloured lights this year, and I like it.

It's been mainly white for a while with the upstart blue becoming more prevalent over the last few years.

Why not combine, and have blue & white?

Then you could adorn your tree with these.

6packbaulbles18_1200x1200_w.jpg

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Multi coloured and 8 options to choose from just depends which option my wife wants for the evening.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why not combine, and have blue & white?

Then you could adorn your tree with these.

View attachment 103087

Our tree is only adorned with blue and white/silver decorations - it's the rule. And those baubles also feature.

The lights are all white/white-ish however, and are on "Just on - the classic - no flashing, strobing or fading" mode.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I'm sensing a slight shift back to multi-coloured lights this year, and I like it.

It's been mainly white for a while with the upstart blue becoming more prevalent over the last few years.

A proper Christmas tree is not colour coded. Ours has all manner of stuff chucked on it. Looks the bollocks.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Just on but my 3 year old keeps changing them to rapid strobing - not sure what this feature is actually for, it's horrendous.

That's the inside one anyway.

The outside one (which has last year's lights from inside on it) has mostly white lights which flicker slightly, with the odd blue ones which turn on and off fully.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
My are just the classic white 'on' ,however, they are also on a timer and every time they switch back on via the timer they are in 'epilepsy mode' and you have to press the button 7 times to get them back to classic.

What a load of shit.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm afraid I take a very dim view on anyone who has flashing lights, inside or outside.

Put them up, keep them on, no effects. It's a reflection of your personality if you have them flashing. Ooh look at me. No thanks, I'm looking at those nice lights over there who are quietly getting on with their job and not shouting about it.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Just standard colour LED lights on the Christmas tree, no flashing or anything - same with the ones around the fireplace. The ones on the willow outside do all the flashing and that and have a timer thing to switch themselves off and only cost £4.00 for a string of 50 :thumbsup:

edit: although the ones around the fireplace might not be LED, now I think of it. They are multi-coloured though.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I put some lights up 2 years ago and never took them down, in fact I've added more, white, no flashing, no tree or any other tatt

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Mine are connected to the main light switch in my living room. Every time I switch them on they cycle to the next setting. So, one day they will just be white, then flickering colours, then fading between white and colours. I like the variation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here