Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I don’t think they will either. But you will leave on the terms the EU wants. The EU has dictated everything from the order of negotiations, when you can move to the next stages of talks right up to the NI border and the backstop. Not once have you been able to leverage anything.

But that's because we have had a wet fart in charge of negotiations. They are only dictating it, because we have allowed them too.

They don't want no deal any more than we do. I still firmly believe they think we are going to cancel Brexit if they keep the pressure on us. When they realise this will not happen, I am sure there attitude will change and things will start to move along.

Even if it is no deal, I believe nothing will change on 30th March as far as trading goes. I run a business. I import over a million dollars of goods a year. The low value of sterling has been hard, very hard. But I am very confident my business will still be here this time next year.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton

:drama::drama::drama::drama::drama::drama:

Where's the sorry about little Johnny not being able to fly to Disneyworld on 30th March because of a no deal exit?

This story only means anything if you are gullible enough to believe the EU will let us leave on 29th March with no temporary solution in place, thus doing themselves untold damage as well as us. As I keep saying, that's not going to happen, anymore than the aviation industry grounds to a halt in Northern Europe on 29th March. We'll be fine. Stop being drama Queens and believing all the scare stories.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Tubby and Trig will be on here denying it in a minute.
I have to given that you have such a poor grasp of English.

"Let’s give our NHS the £350 million the EU takes every week" is obviously a suggestion. Let's do it. It's clearly not a guarantee that £350 million would be given to the NHS.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Where's the sorry about little Johnny not being able to fly to Disneyworld on 30th March because of a no deal exit?

This story only means anything if you are gullible enough to believe the EU will let us leave on 29th March with no temporary solution in place, thus doing themselves untold damage as well as us. As I keep saying, that's not going to happen, anymore than the aviation industry grounds to a halt in Northern Europe on 29th March. We'll be fine. Stop being drama Queens and believing all the scare stories.

They can't help it.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I have to given that you have such a poor grasp of English.

"Let’s give our NHS the £350 million the EU takes every week" is obviously a suggestion. Let's do it. It's clearly not a guarantee that £350 million would be given to the NHS.

The clear implication was that if we leave the EU there will be an extra £350m a week for the NHS. But if you want to argue black is blue, carry on. Life's too short.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Even if it is no deal, I believe nothing will change on 30th March as far as trading goes. I run a business. I import over a million dollars of goods a year. The low value of sterling has been hard, very hard. But I am very confident my business will still be here this time next year.

Well I have to say I admire your level of confidence.

If I had a business that imported over a million dollars of goods a year and there was the possibility that all rules, quotas and tariffs on those imports would change in 100 days, I would have had my staff all over it and would know the exact details of the proposed changes, together with regular updates on the state of negotiations.

But you're happy to leave it to the hope that 'something will be in place' ???

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The clear implication was that if we leave the EU there will be an extra £350m a week for the NHS. But if you want to argue black is blue, carry on. Life's too short.

I pointed out this morning to another poster what the £350m a week to and what bringing the NHS into the argument meant in 2016. It's pointless arguing the toss about it with leave voters who aren't on benefits or from 'the council estates' as Iain Duncan Smith called them.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Did anyone see that on twitter from the freedom of information request that there are 60,000 EU nationals who work in the NHS, 10% of which are doctors and consultants. If there is a no deal, they become persona non grata and will have to fuc.ck off home.

All fake news of course as it will all be just fine and there are sixty thousand NHS professioals sat on their arses at home waiting for the call to take those jobs.

We are on our way seemly!,

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012

You do know that saying they will have a temporary solution in place is you saying it won’t be no deal. By definition something in place is some sort of deal. Good to hear that you agree that no deal simply can’t happen.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The clear implication was that if we leave the EU there will be an extra £350m a week for the NHS.
The implication was that there would be an extra £350m a week, which could be spent on the NHS or anything else. That's all Tubby said. It obviously wasn't a promise that it would be spent on the NHS. Not that we know what any extra would be spent on yet, as we haven't left yet.

But if you want to argue black is blue, carry on. Life's too short.
Likewise.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The implication was that there would be an extra £350m a week, which could be spent on the NHS or anything else. That's all Tubby said. It obviously wasn't a promise that it would be spent on the NHS. Not that we know what any extra would be spent on yet, as we haven't left yet.

Likewise.
Do you find it mildly disingenuous that politicians who advocate a smaller state and much lower taxation offer the money saved by leaving the EU to the public sector at all ?

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Likewise.

There never was a £350M because it was/is not sent. The rebates are deducted before anything is sent, so a lot more than disingenuous.
It was/is downright deceptive.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Did anyone see that on twitter from the freedom of information request that there are 60,000 EU nationals who work in the NHS, 10% of which are doctors and consultants. If there is a no deal, they become persona non grata and will have to fuc.ck off home.

All fake news of course as it will all be just fine and there are sixty thousand NHS professioals sat on their arses at home waiting for the call to take those jobs.

We are on our way seemly!,

Not to mention there are 40,000 vacancies for nursing staff right now, and 12,000 doctors. The Home Office is happily turning down applicants from India, whilst Europeans are heading back due to abuse, and uncertainties.
Even May's deal ends Freedom of Movement. Migrants will have to earn more than 30K or be classed as unskilled.
I believe nurses have to reach grade 5 before they earn that figure.

The Tory party is happy to let the NHS run down so they can justify introducing more & more privatisation. The Yanks are itching to step in with their insurances, with all those exclusion clauses.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
There never was a £350M because it was/is not sent. The rebates are deducted before anything is sent, so a lot more than disingenuous.
It was/is downright deceptive.

Still Waiting for the millions of job loses promised and the instant 4.5k each person would be worse off promised by the remain camp. Lies on both sides im afraid. What's happened to unemployment by the way ????

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Still Waiting for the millions of job loses promised and the instant 4.5k each person would be worse off promised by the remain camp. Lies on both sides im afraid. What's happened to unemployment by the way ????

Unemployment figures are so easy to fiddle. Work 8 hours a week on zero hours contracts? You're not unemployed.
Raab was boastimg about the wage rises this year being the highest in ten years whilst posting a graph which illustrated how much the standard of living has gone down since the Tories took over.

[tweet]1072744754096549888[/tweet]

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here