Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liam Rosenior on radio 5

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Speaking eloquently about the reality of being black and of unconscious bias. Top man. Glad he's at our club.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Speaking eloquently about the reality of being black and of unconscious bias. Top man. Glad he's at our club.

The biggest thing I took away is that I have been saying his surname wrong all this time

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

I don’t think I’ll ever understand why, if you’re of mixed race, you’re deemed to be black. It’s like our manager, bobby z and Liam himself, why don’t people think of them equally as white if labelling someone according to skin tone is so important? We really are bizarre as a species. I’d hate to have the job of explaining us to Aliens.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don’t think I’ll ever understand why, if you’re of mixed race, you’re deemed to be black. It’s like our manager, bobby z and Liam himself, why don’t people think of them equally as white if labelling someone according to skin tone is so important? We really are bizarre as a species. I’d hate to have the job of explaining us to Aliens.

*cough* racism *cough*

Look up the meaning of 'octoroon'....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Blimey, there’s a new word I’ve learnt! I reckon I’m Saxoroon. Imagine being Palaoroon? :(

On a serious note, for white racists, being one eigth black (octaroon) is sufficient an issue to need its own word. Its a measure of how much you're tainted, and a reminder that after all, you're a n*****.

We white people have no idea at all what it has been and can be like to have African heritage in a racist world. As Liam said yesterday, he still gets followed aound Tescos by the security guy in case he pinches something, or starts attacking white women, or eating their children. When his dad was manager at a lower league club a securtity guy at an away ground wouldn't let him into the players' area as he refused to believe he was the manager.

Anyway. I am hearing on the radio that the tories have just started furiously stabbing themselves in the face with a leadership fork. Anyone stumbling across our world would, with its finely defined racism and nuanced doctrinaire idiocy, find it difficult to believe it hasn't all been made up by constipated child.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
On a serious note, for white racists, being one eigth black (octaroon) is sufficient an issue to need its own word. Its a measure of how much you're tainted, and a reminder that after all, you're a n*****.

We white people have no idea at all what it has been and can be like to have African heritage in a racist world. As Liam said yesterday, he still gets followed aound Tescos by the security guy in case he pinches something, or starts attacking white women, or eating their children. When his dad was manager at a lower league club a securtity guy at an away ground wouldn't let him into the players' area as he refused to believe he was the manager.

Anyway. I am hearing on the radio that the tories have just started furiously stabbing themselves in the face with a leadership fork. Anyone stumbling across our world would, with its finely defined racism and nuanced doctrinaire idiocy, find it difficult to believe it hasn't all been made up by constipated child.

All sadly true and in fairness, I’ve seen Liam devour plenty of wingers and strikers so perhaps he does eat children too? :)

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
I have a really basic problem in that I don't think I have ever seen a black man or woman or transgender. I have seen very dark brown but never black. So why do those whose colour is a shade of brown, choose to be called black? I accept "Mixed Race" if that is what someone is, but what of pure bread Africans, why not simply refer to them as African? White Africans are of immigrant origin. Surely we have now progressed beyond colour as a stereotype. Neither do don't know a white man, I now many pale pink. Even Albino is not pure white.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I have a really basic problem in that I don't think I have ever seen a black man or woman or transgender. I have seen very dark brown but never black. So why do those whose colour is a shade of brown, choose to be called black? I accept "Mixed Race" if that is what someone is, but what of pure bread Africans, why not simply refer to them as African? White Africans are of immigrant origin. Surely we have now progressed beyond colour as a stereotype. Neither do don't know a white man, I now many pale pink. Even Albino is not pure white.

White or wholemeal?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here