Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Syrian refugee attacked at Huddersfield school

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Multiple times at school you were assaulted, resulting in broken limbs? then whilst those breaks were still healing you were head-butted to the floor on multiple occasions and had water forced down your throat!?

Really?

I suggest you consult a lawyer, and go after the relevant LEA. Assuming you have a record of all those hospital visits, school meetings, etc, I'd say you'll be in line for a sizeable compensation payment of your own.

Had worse than what was seen in the video, multiple times, by a long shot.

No you didn’t.

Absolutely did.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Had worse than what was seen in the video, multiple times, by a long shot.

And?

Do you really think that the outpouring of empathy / pity / shared guilt towards this kid and his family, is based SOLELY on those few seconds?

Nothing to do with the other assaults on the boy, or the repeated bullying of his sister, etc?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
And?

Do you really think that the outpouring of empathy / pity / shared guilt towards this kid and his family, is based SOLELY on those few seconds?

Nothing to do with the other assaults on the boy, or the repeated bullying of his sister, etc?

I would think the majority of the donations were sent after viewing the video.

Pfft

Perhaps you were really annoying back then too.

Classy.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I would think the majority of the donations were sent after viewing the video.

Even if that were true, people are still not donating because that lad suffered a few seconds of trauma, are they?

As many people on this thread have pointed out, the donations are because of the child's background / history. He's fled a war zone, and witnessed **** knows what in his young life. He's rocked up here where he should be safe only for his (and his little sister's) life at school to be made hell by the local EDL Youth.

People are sickened / embarrassed / ashamed of that, and a fiver to a crowd-funding page is the one means they have to express that, in the hope of making the kid's life easier.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Even if that were true, people are still not donating because that lad suffered a few seconds of trauma, are they?

As many people on this thread have pointed out, the donations are because of the child's background / history. He's fled a war zone, and witnessed **** knows what in his young life. He's rocked up here where he should be safe only for his (and his little sister's) life at school to be made hell by the local EDL Youth.

People are sickened / embarrassed / ashamed of that, and a fiver to a crowd-funding page is the one means they have to express that, in the hope of making the kid's life easier.

I don't disagree with that, I really don't.

Typically, bullies attack or bully due to someone being different from the norm (race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, appearance etc).
The net result on the victim is typically the same, regardless of race, religion, ethnicity (physical and psychological harm to varying degrees).

My question is, why is one person's suffering worth more than another's if the net outcome is similar or the same?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don't disagree with that, I really don't.

Typically, bullies attack or bully due to someone being different from the norm (race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, appearance etc).
The net result on the victim is typically the same, regardless of race, religion, ethnicity (physical and psychological harm to varying degrees).

My question is, why is one person's suffering worth more than another's if the net outcome is similar or the same?

The documented rise in hate crime since the EU Referendum has pit this sort of racist attack front and centre. It’s a peculiar side effect of voting leave. Plus his background is particularly harsh.
I owe you an apology really, I shouldn’t have made light of what you suffered and I don’t know you so for that I’m sorry. By the the difference is I doubt you were feeling a war torn county. Or maybe you were. I don’t know.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This whole situation is going to be a big embarrassment to Huddersfield as a town. There are going to be people suffering, and they are going to need the spiritual lift that only a big football win can give a town. I think it's only fair that we are magnanimous enough tomorrow to show up and let them have the spirit lifter of a resounding win.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
This whole situation is going to be a big embarrassment to Huddersfield as a town. There are going to be people suffering, and they are going to need the spiritual lift that only a big football win can give a town. I think it's only fair that we are magnanimous enough tomorrow to show up and let them have the spirit lifter of a resounding win.

Not just an embarrassment to Huddersfield , this incident brings shame to the whole of the UK .
The bullying video would have been seen though out the world . Refugees and migrants may well think twice before traveling here and might choose other more civilized countries in Europe to make their home . If this is the result then we will all suffer long term from the loss of vibrancy and diversity that could have enriched us all .

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
There is another bullying video online now - White girl cowardly attacking another white girl.

I look forward to Tommy Robinson taking apart the victim

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Not just an embarrassment to Huddersfield , this incident brings shame to the whole of the UK .
The bullying video would have been seen though out the world . Refugees and migrants may well think twice before traveling here and might choose other more civilized countries in Europe to make their home . If this is the result then we will all suffer long term from the loss of vibrancy and diversity that could have enriched us all .
And the racists win :-(

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've had much worse multiple times at school.
Can I have £100k?

Very sorry to hear that. With multiple limb breaks you must now be quite disabled. If I were in your shoes I'd be quite cynical and bitter.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon

So are all these people who donated to this lad willing to donate to our troops who served in these war zones and I expect have suffered a lot more trauma than this lad has sadly and are now suffering from PTSD and commiting suicide at an alarming rate ???

And where is your written proof this lad is EDL Youth ??

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
So are all these people who donated to this lad willing to donate to our troops who served in these war zones and I expect have suffered a lot more trauma than this lad has sadly and are now suffering from PTSD and commiting suicide at an alarming rate ???

How do you know they have not donated?

His facebook is just a homage to EDL/Robinson.

if he is not part of the Hitler Youth, sorry I mean EDL he is a big fan of the work and messages.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Armed services personnel suffering with PTSD is a problem.
Racist bullying is a problem.
Your point?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Totally agree that the number of racist attacks has accelerated fast over the last 3 years. The EU debate and win for Brexit, seems to have emboldened racists.

But as I mentioned in a much earlier post, this has been brewing and picking up pace for about 15 years. The rise of UKIP and some far right groups in many parts of the UK over that time, race riots in some northern towns, with a rising resentment of immigration (remember the old the lady who embarrassed PM Gordon Brown in a Lancs town?).

Most of us here thankfully haven’t got an ounce of racism in us and if anything lean towards ‘the underdog’, but we’re a world apart from significant swathes of the UK.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here