Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What do you consider to be the greatest 'difficult' third album of all time ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
From the album Empires and Dance. This band really were way ahead of their time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwyH8I9wfyg

Have you seen them in recent times? A couple of years ago we went to their gig at The Dome. Kerr and Burchill were still great showmen, Kerr's voice as good as ever, in a generous 2 hour set. Brilliant vocals too from Catherine AD and Sarah Brown on various tracks. With silly no arrogance in refusing to perform their famous tracks from the decades ... they played the lot.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
97F4E11D-E0DD-425A-A775-3E506DFC7100.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Have you seen them in recent times? A couple of years ago we went to their gig at The Dome. Kerr and Burchill were still great showmen, Kerr's voice as good as ever, in a generous 2 hour set. Brilliant vocals too from Catherine AD and Sarah Brown on various tracks. With silly no arrogance in refusing to perform their famous tracks from the decades ... they played the lot.

Never seen them. I got put off in the mid 80s with the arena rock style and vocals that to me sounded blown to bits (video of a gig outdoors somewhere). Perhaps I missjudged......Jaz Coleman of Killing Joke fell into the same growly trap for a decade....till he had the sense to start singing again....some of the time

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yikes another horrible omission. This was one of the soundtracks to my teenage anxt. Robert Fripp on it too. What not to adore? The life is false. It's killing me. Don't look back or you'll turn to stone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gveVBXgSZF4

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea

Saw them at Hickstead around the same time. They were VERY happy to indulge their fans, especially this one who last saw them live at Leeds Roundhay Park for the Once Upon a Time tour..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You lucky bugger, I was sadly too young to see the Robert Wyatt era Band, afraid I lost interest in them after he left & they became more & more noodletastic.

I saw the noodletastic version at Hove Town Hall circa 74. Enjoyable. When I first moved to Faversham 29 years ago, practically everyone I spoke to in Canterbury was at the party (which was in London, FFS) where RW fell out of the window....

Which reminds me, this is a winner of a third album!!! I worked with someone who was a mate of Gary Windo (bass sax on this album and others), which sort of completes the circle ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox_ee3fOeD0

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
And this for me is 'end of thread'. I discovered these around 98, and nearly had a coronary the frst time I saw them. For me the ultimate difficult third album. :kiss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3-IPG-XnaU

If the only thing I gain from starting this thread is hearing this lot for the first time I’ll have done very well indeed. Thank you.

This Easter I’ll be mostly listening to these chaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Hawkwind's third album Doremi Fasol Latido was apparently de rigueur if you were dropping acid back in 1972.

Brainstorm Here I Go... :rock:

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Muse:- Absolution
Great shout, I got to see them at the brighton centre on the Absolution tour probably the last tour many got to see them anywhere that small before they sold out stadiums.
Top 5 of all the gigs I've been to, amazing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here