Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seagulls ‘close to signing’ Deportivo La Coruna striker

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Don't need any more strikers IMO - with CH only going 1 up front I reckon if Locadia has a good summer he will get the nod ahead of Murray, with Baldock & Hemed as back up (unless they are sold). No point wasting money on having 5 strikers if we are only going to play 1. Bit like having 5 keepers on the books - pointless.

Creative midfielder is what we require and I suspect with CH's comments about it being a relatively quiet summer for transfer activity, I reckon he should concentrate on the midfielder, left back and centre half positions first.

I am afraid Baldock and Hemed are not Premiership quality , to move forward unfortunately we will have to replace them with better quality players , this is what you have to do to move forward

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Hmmm...

Relegated with Cordoba - relegated with Deportivo - didn't score in any of his last nine games - wasn't first choice for Deportivo towards the end of the season - behind Lucas Perez and Adrian. Stats don't always tell you everything but had 16 starts this season and 13 as a playing sub, scoring 7. Maybe we could set our sights a bit higher ?

But Hughton and Winstanley have made very few mistakes thus far. If they have identified him as what we need, then I am inclined to trust them.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Hmmm...

Relegated with Cordoba - relegated with Deportivo - didn't score in any of his last nine games - wasn't first choice for Deportivo towards the end of the season - behind Lucas Perez and Adrian. Stats don't always tell you everything but had 16 starts this season and 13 as a playing sub, scoring 7. Maybe we could set our sights a bit higher ?

All of which is true. He does have ability though and at 6m euros we'd probably pay more for a guy out of league one these days. Worth a punt surely?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
€6m is a bargain these days, let's get him on board

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Gross got relegated with Ingolstadt. Relegations are a team effort.

If we get him in, it’s because he’s good enough for Chris. And that, is good enough for me.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Hmmm...

You are assuming team is crap partly because he is crap. Maybe other way round - he gets no service.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Certainly played better for Moyes than he did Bilic

Moyes moved Arnautovic away from the wing to a central position where he couldn't laze around and he was voted West Ham's player of the season by both fans and players. So, an Arnautovic at a £20m discount? Yes please ....

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I am afraid Baldock and Hemed are not Premiership quality , to move forward unfortunately we will have to replace them with better quality players , this is what you have to do to move forward

I don't disagree - but which striker/s are going to want to come and in all likelihood sit on the bench assuming Locadia is CH's preferred 1 up front next season?

We can't spend £20 or £30m on a striker or two only to have them as back up. Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd can afford to do this, but I suspect we can't. If we do sign someone who has more impact than Locadia, then I could see him wanting to leave. Certainly going to be an interesting summer.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
I don't disagree - but which striker/s are going to want to come and in all likelihood sit on the bench assuming Locadia is CH's preferred 1 up front next season?

We can't spend £20 or £30m on a striker or two only to have them as back up. Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd can afford to do this, but I suspect we can't. If we do sign someone who has more impact than Locadia, then I could see him wanting to leave. Certainly going to be an interesting summer.

Kind of agree. but isn't the real point that we should sign two strikers that actually have a genuine prospect of playing and being part of a genuine rotation. That is not possible at the moment with Baldock and Hemed I believe..

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Kind of agree. but isn't the real point that we should sign two strikers that actually have a genuine prospect of playing and being part of a genuine rotation. That is not possible at the moment with Baldock and Hemed I believe..

This.

Pointless wasting money on back up strikers. It won'r happen. Anyone who is brought in will be competing to be playing or even be a starter.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8462592 said:
Maybe we'll be seeing 2 up top sometimes next season? Good to have the option, especially in home games...

Won't happen with Chris at the helm l'm afraid. I also can't envisage Locadia being the man to lead the line, fine as a number 10, and with a big striker alongside him, but from what l can see he isn't a Glenn Murray or even a Tomer Hemed, and can't hold the ball up in the same way.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
You are assuming team is crap partly because he is crap. Maybe other way round - he gets no service.

Agreed - that's why I added the rider that stats don't tell you everything - he may well be very talented but in the wrong team - his record though at the second level with Cordoba was good - only 25 can still improve too in a quality team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here