Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you sell (or loan out) COG in the January transfer window?

Would you sell (or loan out) COG in the January transfer window?

• Yes, I'd ship him out

Votes: 10 4.6%
  • No, I'd keep him

Votes: 206 95.4%

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Difficult one. We have messed him about something rotten, and if he's really set on heading back up north I think we should let him. Would like to see him stay - if he's playing and happy, then living in the South for a couple of years shouldn't be too much of a hardship - but what if he gets injured, Best comes in and does well enough to keep his place - will he be unhappy again then, siting on the bench? Would like him to stay, but maybe it's time to admit we cocked up, and best for both him and us to move on.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'd keep him. I do not expect him to get a lot of goals but he does do a very important job for the team. Last night was a great example despite his profligacy in front of goal he still provided a good strong outlet for the team. He held the ball up, played others in, and helped us control the game for long periods. He did a terrific job last night, and a job that I cannot see any other member of the team performing it so well.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
COG last night was tremendous. Was it a farewell performance though? I suspect that was his last game for us which is a shame. Question is can he maintain it and is this already decided?

I would keep to the end of the season if we can because even if we sign a replacement we need 3 strikers minimum especially as we are going to win the FA Cup...

CMS on the other hand I would move on regardless of what COG does.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
COG last night was tremendous. Was it a farewell performance though? I suspect that was his last game for us which is a shame. Question is can he maintain it and is this already decided?

I would keep to the end of the season if we can because even if we sign a replacement we need 3 strikers minimum especially as we are going to win the FA Cup...

CMS on the other hand I would move on regardless of what COG does.

I don't see it as his last game at all ... think he came back on to show appreciation to fans and he was on a high from a superb performance

If that was his last game who plays on Sunday? Even a fully fit CMS has no place and he's shown the value of a savvy hold up player. Best is untried, lacking in match time and cup tied anyway. Baldock/Colunga? Surely not?

He'll play Sunday (please!)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He'll play Sunday (please!)

You'd think. He signed a three year contract a few months ago and although he seems to have been treated with disdain by Hyypia he has been brought back into the fold. Big thumbs up to NJ for making it happen. He stays until we are ready to sell, even if he wants out surely? Doesn't look like he has developed the striking attitude of Bridcutt and Buckley either, which is refreshing.

I think it's clear the fans now want him to stay, let's hope the club convince him if he needs convincing. His family are apparently back down here which is a plus?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
You'd think. He signed a three year contract a few months ago and although he seems to have been treated with disdain by Hyypia he has been brought back into the fold. Big thumbs up to NJ for making it happen. He stays until we are ready to sell, even if he wants out surely? Doesn't look like he has developed the striking attitude of Bridcutt and Buckley either, which is refreshing.

I think it's clear the fans now want him to stay, let's hope the club convince him if he needs convincing. His family are apparently back down here which is a plus?

Tried to give you double thumbs up for that but it won't let me :)

scooter1

How soon is now?
I opted for keep him, however only a week or so ago I posted that I never thought we'd see him in an Albion shirt again. A lot will depend on his personal situation and if his family are prepared to give it another go down here, considering the previous uncertainty. Whilst he's done well in the last few games, he's not the goal scorer that we're looking for, and if Best shines then it's back to bench warming for him. He may consider that it's best he goes, and starts afresh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here