Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shola Ameobi

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
He doesn't fill me with confidence but would be a similar player to COG. If we are interested in SA, then surely COG is on his way for family reasons?

I thought that the writing was on the wall for COG when he was left on the bench vs Charlton. CH knows he's going. If true I think we need two strikers...

MillitantSeagull

Jul 10, 2010
Brighton
I have no idea if he is crap as I never watch the premier league but isn't that what people said about Bridge and Ups on?

Granted you are right about Upson and Bridge, but I believe the real reason they succeeded was because they were brought in to a young/league 1 squad that needed experience and Gus brought out the best in them. As a team that is short on goalscoring threat at the moment particularly from our strikers, we need something more than what we already have in a resurging O'Grady. I made that post in May, and I stick by it now, if he comes in it will be the start of another failure of a transfer window as we continue to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
A) I posted this back in May
B) I'd take Gardner, played in correct position and formation, over Shola Ameobi every day of the week. Unless we've gone back in time 10 years.

I wouldn't take Gardner as a kit man, let alone as a footballer. Even as a kit man, he'd probably end up hanging the shirts up 6 feet above the peg...

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I think he will be great at this level. If he signs I hope he is a great success. We could really do with a successful striker signing at the moment.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Shame Spanish Dave isn't still here. Oh to be a fly on the wall when those two meet again :lol:

Ameobi would be a good signing I feel. I know this is going back a few years but he got ten goals in eighteen games for Newcastle under Hughton in the Championship. Very decent record.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Looked good when he came on for Newcastle just now. Got to be a better bet than what we have now.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I would imagine him as being more of a target for the lower Premier League teams, such as Hull City and Crystal Palace. I would be surprised, most pleasantly, if he signs here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here