Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Before They Were Famous

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I don’t think Gareth’s mum was a dinner lady, I think she worked in the school office alongside my mum.

Like many people there, she had various roles during her time there.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Used to go to Broad Oak Boys club in the mid 70s. There was a nearby "approved" school for inner London kids who had misbehaved and some of them used to go to the club. One of the activities was boxing and there was a young lad from said school who used to knock 7 shades out of all comers. Frank Bruno.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Perhaps this should be titled after they were famous but people did not know who they were - Dave Sexton once offered to coach Cottesmore Junior School football team the then head of the school declined the offer saying he had the 'role' covered....

I must know you....

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I was staying in the Stakis Victoria hotel in Nottingham in November 1983 whilst attending an insurance sales course. Wham were staying in the hotel too as they were performing somewhere in the city. Met Pepsi and Shirlie in the bar one night - very good fun they were too...no sign of the guys though but getting through the hordes of (mostly) teenage girls who laid siege to the hotel was trying to say the least.

..... and she said I was the one! (Didn't she marry one of the Kemp brothers?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I've had coffee with Tom Hardy and was in a film with George Webster. I also had a cucumber sandwich with Trevor MacDonald on the set of a Barclays advert but he was very known by then as was Julian Glover when I was in a TV series with him.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I was reminded by one of my sisters recently that she'd dated Doug Scarrot and that he was a lead/rythm guitarist of Saxon. I used to go to his house on the corner of Olive and Old Shoreham Road to jam with him when must have been a teenager. He's still playing with them after all these years. Me...pawned my last guitar in 2015 but haven't completely given up.

Saw them in Brighton a couple of years ago, Biff invited everyone back to his house after! They are playing Portsmouth soon with Wayward Sons in support, looking forward to it immensely.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Michael Fish was an ex-pupil of my school, and they invited him back to give a talk when I was a student there, around 1985/6.

Did he get caned for drawing a chalk penis on the back of somebody's jacket?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here