Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Welcoming the Iranian supporters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I noticed that the club twitter feed and Instagram account has increased by hundreds of thousands of Iranians. Have we seen a similar increase in Iranian posters on here [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ?

If not, what can we do to make them feel welcome?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I noticed that the club twitter feed and Instagram account has increased by hundreds of thousands of Iranians. Have we seen a similar increase in Iranian posters on here [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ?

If not, what can we do to make them feel welcome?

There are a few spats on Instagram with some of our new fans. Problem is, unlike here, where the Iranian posters speak good English, they are flooding the club's posts with Farsi (?) comments and alienating the English speakers. It probably wouldn't matter so much but such is their enthusiasm for Alireza, that they are commenting on all the posts the club makes.

Personally, I am finding this a very interesting occurrence and am curious to see where it will all lead.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
There are a few spats on Instagram with some of our new fans. Problem is, unlike here, where the Iranian posters speak good English, they are flooding the club's posts with Farsi (?) comments and alienating the English speakers. It probably wouldn't matter so much but such is their enthusiasm for Alireza, that they are commenting on all the posts the club makes.

Personally, I am finding this a very interesting occurrence and am curious to see where it will all lead.

Indeed, and Instragram doesn't translate as easily as twitter does.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003

Aye it's been an interesting week on Instagram. I think we're being shown how much impact an international signing can make in their home country. It's been annoying when they're commenting "only alireza" on posts about the u23's or players leaving, but I think it gets lost in translation and they're just that excited to see him in the Premier League

the

Jul 25, 2018
London

I say this as an Iranian, but that problem is going to persist unless The Social Media managers of Brighton create a separate Persian Instagram account and delete Persian posts on the main Instagram account.

Unfortunately, there are no good auto-translate for Persian yet.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Who on earth posts messages on Instagram anyway?!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here