Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Massive Spiders at home walking about like they own the place

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I like spiders. They eat all the other nasties in the house.

This. The only good spider is a squashed spider.
Or coated in this shizzle:
14354.252400_4.jpg

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
we have had 3 so far this year. I never kill them, glass and paper and wife makes me walk about 100m down the road and too cross over before throwing. The 3rd got eaten by Dexter the Spaniel.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Horse chestnuts are indeed effective, it is a vital part of the exercise though to drill or cut the equine name-linked kernel in order that the chemical our eight legged chums find difficult can be released into the ambient atmosphere contained within your personal dwelling.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Our cat is superb at getting rid of flies and other assorted flying bugs, however spiders don't usually move fast enough for her to be that fussed.

we had a blind cat "Kitty" she was a whizz at catching anything like flies even wasps, we really miss her

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I've heard that Spiders don't like conkers and this is one way to keep them out; anyone tried this?

I've had a lot of spiders entering the house recently so i thought i'd try this and so far seems to have helped reduce how many are coming into the house (but that may be coincidental and may be down to other factors including the weather)

rather than putting the conkers in the corners of a room, you should be putting them in the corners of a window as this means they are (hopefully) less likely to enter in the first place. If put in the corners of a room, they are already in the house and may not be able to find their way to escape back outside so it defeats the object of putting them out.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
DSC_0140.JPG
This works,just spray around windows and doors.smells of peppermint seems to deter them

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Dont kill spiders, it just makes the next generation even sneakier! Evolution people, dont **** with it.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I don't mind spider, but SLUGS can fackin do one.

I'm with you on this.

My living room has had a mystery slug in it for a few weeks. I've searched under every piece of furniture but my unwanted friend is hidden somewhere consistently adding his trail and hiding in the evening. I imagine he even gives me the bird whilst he does it laughing as he lays his gob like trial on my carpet. Worse than that is the 'Have you not got rid of that slug yet' inquest from Mrs Piggle who currently views my efforts to find and kill Sluggy as the polar opposite of what Ray Mears would do.

What on earth do they eat? Surely it must Die soon? I appreciate I could put some slug pellets out but my 3 year old would probably neck them like smarties.

I feel like doing the Napalm scene in Apocalypse now to sort it out.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wise words [MENTION=17261]Iggle Piggle[/MENTION]. I have two slug problems. One is along the the bi-folds from the garden to the kitchen. For some reason, every single evening, there are snail trails all along this. And my cat - a proper punchy little alpha male that kills and eats (part of) everything in the garden - is not interested in the f*cking thing. Which brings me onto the second slug problem, the one where the trail is left all over the cat's biscuit bowl. It's like the little twàt is putting 2 fingers up and telling me "I'm a slug, I'll do what I want - I'm even taking the piss out of your cat"

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I put conkers on the ledge of a window and no spiders got in. Mind you, keeping the window shut helped ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here