Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Corbyn about to be sectioned methinks?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
its a possiblity. many labour intensive roles are on the brink of being replaced by robots, its a matter of whats more cost effective to deliver a service, including the public sector. more and more people will be self employed or in small medium businesses, where unions are less relevent. Labour needs to adjust to a world where their old paymasters dont have any importance, with a focus more on general employment laws and protections.

Your post suggests you may well have already been replaced by a robot :lol:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
More like fingers in his ears and closing his eyes hoping it all goes away. Thankfully most live in the real world and not some dated 19th century idealism

I think Mr Corbyn's little joke with the Labour Party of pretending to be a candidate and actually getting elected has backfired, he hasn't got a clue what he's doing. A true Andre Marriner of the political world.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Let's all vote in another warmonger dripping in blood and big business money.

It's worked so well for the planet over the last 50 years.

(I'm no Corbynite but it is nice to finally have a choice).

I think you will find that there is an argument that the nuclear deterrent has in fact worked for the last 60 years.

I am certainly no Corbyn fan but some of the moronic comics on here are laughable. I don't agree but all he is saying is that the alternative option is to have conventional weapons rather than nuclear.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I think Mr Corbyn's little joke with the Labour Party of pretending to be a candidate and actually getting elected has backfired, he hasn't got a clue what he's doing. A true Andre Marriner of the political world.

And all the nut jobs and extremists love him which makes him unelectabl

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
To be fair to Jeremy keeping ballistic missile submarines specifically designed to launch Trident without any missiles on board is only one of the well thought through options being considered by his Defence review team.

There is the new 'Corbyn missile' demonstrated here ..

.. this cunning weapon allows Corbyn to say he would press the button allowing him to dodge those awkward questions knowing full well our enemies would remain unharmed.

Another possibility being considered is downsizing our submarine fleet to better reflect Labours new attitude to the UK's defence.

See preferred option here ..

76390484.jpg

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think you will find that there is an argument that the nuclear deterrent has in fact worked for the last 60 years.

I am certainly no Corbyn fan but some of the moronic comics on here are laughable. I don't agree but all he is saying is that the alternative option is to have conventional weapons rather than nuclear.

Haven't you just contradicted yourself? And as for the 'moronic comics', sorry but if you can't laugh at the moronic people that run or want to run our country then we may as well all go to the in-patients ward at Broadmoor.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I'm not entirely sure the UK's nuclear deterrent has stopped anything.

But I do wonder what this country would look like had all that money been spent on health and education, instead..

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
I know we need defence, and not ready to give up things yet, but I could do with some explanation of who trident actually deters?

Obviously not Daesh or al-Quaeda etc, so presumably there is a significant threat from other places? Presumably not China, given the power stations, obviously not western powers.
So, middle eastern and Russia? Is there credible evidence to suggest that without the deterrent they would do anything against Nato (or UK)?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Haven't you just contradicted yourself? And as for the 'moronic comics', sorry but if you can't laugh at the moronic people that run or want to run our country then we may as well all go to the in-patients ward at Broadmoor.
A talking head on Radio 4's News quiz made a very good point, words to the effect of:-

'What kind of person looks at the current geopolitical meltdown, across the planet, and thinks 'I want that job, I'll sort that out''. :lolol:

As he said, 'I'd be reaching for my duvet within 10 minutes'.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
A talking head on Radio 4's News quiz made a very good point, words to the effect of:-

'What kind of person looks at the current geopolitical meltdown, across the planet, and thinks 'I want that job, I'll sort that out''. :lolol:

As he said, 'I'd be reaching for my duvet within 10 minutes'.

It is truly a head in the sand job, why would anyone want it? Half the population hates you at any one time and you never really win anyone over. You need 24 hour body guards in case someone has a pop at you. What is in it for them? Really? They may make a fair few bucks through private nationals, but is it worth it? You have to have an ego the size of a small galaxy and the hind of a rhino. Not on my bucket list for sure.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
J C spoke this morning of grotesque inequalities in our society, such as people sleeping rough and others driving past in expensive cars. Yes Jeremy, that is unequal and it ain't perfect, but the opposite where everybody is the same is called communism and that has been PROVEN to work where exactly?

Means well, but so does the village idiot.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
J C spoke this morning of grotesque inequalities in our society, such as people sleeping rough and others driving past in expensive cars. Yes Jeremy, that is unequal and it ain't perfect, but the opposite where everybody is the same is called communism and that has been PROVEN to work where exactly?

Doesn't the NFL have a wage cap?

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009

Means well, but so does the village idiot.

The relevant word you quote is grotesque. Just because one extreme isn't right doesn't mean you have to go to the opposite extreme.Did he actually say that everybody should be the same?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
To be fair to Jeremy keeping ballistic missile submarines specifically designed to launch Trident without any missiles on board is only one of the well thought through options being considered by his Defence review team.

There is the new 'Corbyn missile' demonstrated here ..

.. this cunning weapon allows Corbyn to say he would press the button allowing him to dodge those awkward questions knowing full well our enemies would remain unharmed.

Another possibility being considered is downsizing our submarine fleet to better reflect Labours new attitude to the UK's defence.

See preferred option here ..

76390484.jpg

To go along with his new style aircraft carrier.

image.jpeg

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Exactly where have I contradicted myself? People have been implying he is suggesting subs with no weapons where that isn't the case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here