Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RAC

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Bollocks is it. I'm a paid up member if the AA and would never call them out for a flat.
That's your choice. The guy paid for a service end of and they should have been out quicker than 3 hours.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Be prepared.
A government warning said that anyone travelling in icy conditions should take a shovel, blankets or sleeping bag, extra clothing including a scarf hat and gloves.
Also a 24 hour supply of food and drink, a de-icer, rock salt, torch & spare batteries. In addition they should take a safety triangle, tow rope, petrol can, first aid kit & jump leads.
Spare tyre, Jack..

I looked like a right berk on the bus this morning!

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Be prepared.
A government warning said that anyone travelling in icy conditions should take a shovel, blankets or sleeping bag, extra clothing including a scarf hat and gloves.
Also a 24 hour supply of food and drink, a de-icer, rock salt, torch & spare batteries. In addition they should take a safety triangle, tow rope, petrol can, first aid kit & jump leads.
Spare tyre, Jack..

I looked like a right berk on the bus this morning!
Haha ☺

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I've had to call out both Green Flag and AA at different times. Green Flag took about 3 hours, on a Saturday afternoon, I wasn't very happy. My alternator had fallen off, after a service, belief it or not.
The AA took 6 hours, but it was the day of the Shoreham Air show disaster, we broke a clutch cable in Fulking on the way home from the Amex.
I forgave them for that one, some people had far bigger problems than me that day, I was just glad to get home

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Doesn't matter if it's broad daylight or pitch dark rain or sunshine, if a puncture is part of the service provided by a breakdown company then call them out.. Ignore the shit being spouted by all the resident mechanics. I have called them out for punctures before and it won't stop me in the future. Why should i get my hands dirty for something that i paid for?

Only on the basis you might get to where you want to go quicker!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
That's your choice. The guy paid for a service end of and they should have been out quicker than 3 hours.

that depends - is the a time period response as part of the agreement? as anoyed as i might be waiting 3hrs, if theres nothing saying a call out will be fixed in 1 hour, 2 hours, i cant grumble much.

Northstandfan

Dec 14, 2014
Mid sussex
Actually I do have a jack, felt a bit silly with all the car mechanic types on here to say so. But that wasn't the point to me. I pay for their premium service. The country lane was dark with no lighting so I couldn't see a thing to my sides. I had to try and tuck my car as close into the side as possible as it was a narrow, but relatively busy road. I also have no idea where the jack point is, not helped in the dark, and knowing my skills I'd have jacked it through the floor pan. It's a Mercedes CLS and too expensive for a novice to piss about with. If the RAC screw up I'm insured against such accidents by them. But all that aside why should I not call out roadside assistance? The other four cars in the same predicament did exactly that and were gone in the hour. And whoever said 'do you call out for an empty windscreen bottle', bit ridiculous? Does that immobilise your car? No. They state in the contract what I can call out for and that includes a blow out. I shall be cancelling them this morning and going to the AA. I have been paying for this service for two years and this was my first request. Once bitten, twice shy, won't be doing it again.

And now the fun starts, getting Highways to pay for the damage caused.

Good luck with highways, I hit a pot hole at the bottom of Handcross hill on the A23 about 3 years ago. It was really deep blew a massive split in the tyre . I tried to claim from highways but the form is incredible. The info you have to SEND them is a clones dream. Passport details, National insurance number, as well as all your personal and home and bank details. When I phoned and asked why they needed such information, I was told they just do. I asked why is has to be sent in and also who has it, as I did not want that sort of information about me just sat on someones desk for anyone to access for security reasons. Thats what they require, it's up to you if you don't want to send it in you cant make a claim. Didnt bother in the end could see it was going to be a waste of time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here