Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] mugged ourselves there

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sorry mate we were the better team , and deserved to win

I hated the last 20 minutes. We seemed spent, dangerous Maguire camped in our box, Mahrez finally making Bong fall over, over-weight Morgan had the freedom of the pitch to do whatever he wanted, inept Vardy suddenly alive as our defence creaked.

I would have loved us to have beaten irritating Leicester, but you could tell they knew we’d had it physically.

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
Talk about a misleading result.Reminds me of when we lost 4-0 at home to Chelsea.

The rest of the football world will see that and wrongly figure we were poor.

On another day Murray would have put us 2-0 up.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Talk about a misleading result.Reminds me of when we lost 4-0 at home to Chelsea.

The rest of the football world will see that and wrongly figure we were poor.

On another day Murray would have put us 2-0 up.

Always been the way with football. All the good work can count for nothing come final whistle.

I think the club will invest heavily again this summer, so that next season we can put teams away more clinically.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Bournemouth away ???

Man Utd away ???

This. No way did we 'deserve' to win today. 15 shots and only 3 on target, one a weak penalty and another a free kick easily tipped over the bar. Only real test was Gross's shot. Jose too selfish cost us a goal and Murray, if you're going to stagger your run up then you should be putting the penalty to the opposite direction the keeper dives to, the way Hemed does.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I thought we were poor in the final third today and because of that, didn't deserve anything from the game. They were better than us in the final third.

Ryan didn’t have a save to make all match , they created hardly a chance all match

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I was disappointed in Leicester. Too many unforced errors, and had to resort to fouls to stop us. They needed Schmeichel to be at his best. But if you don't take your chances, you get punished.

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
This. No way did we 'deserve' to win today. 15 shots and only 3 on target, one a weak penalty and another a free kick easily tipped over the bar. Only real test was Gross's shot. Jose too selfish cost us a goal and Murray, if you're going to stagger your run up then you should be putting the penalty to the opposite direction the keeper dives to, the way Hemed does.

And no way did we deserve to lose.Right?

Whilst I believe we are 80% safe at least it makes next weeks game more interesting and prolongs our season.

We don't need to be thinking about the beach quite yet.

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
Whilst we didn't create enough I think our passing and movement is really developing and at times the football was very good.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's all about the penalty miss. Leicester are good side with nous. Schmeichel was MOTM, we were unlucky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here