Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sam Baldock moves to Reading {CONFIRMED}

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Reading fans don't seem that excited:

http://www.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=184889&sid=2d64f4cb379c12bdc26b8292a541a240

He's far too good for them. I do hope he goes elsewhere and that Reading get relegated so that next year they can be looking at run-of-the-mill lower division dross signings like Adebayo Akinfenwa with genuine enthusiasm instead.
Man, that forum's a depressing read isn't it. Anyone moaning about the Albion should just look at that thread and realise how far we've come.

I almost started feeling sorry for the Tinpot fans but then realised that the first three posts contained....

"Pete O Rourke is one of the more reliable journalists, IMO, so I'd rate this as pretty likely."

and

"yeah he generally gets it right more often than not."

This is HITC's Pete O'Rourke who just sprays spam about every possible transfer rumour, 90% of which are complete nonsense.

And then I remembered the 7th place pitch invasion and the song and all the "we're just like Brighton" posts and the awful attendance figures and thought "**** em, the tinpot twats".

I hope this isn't true as SB deserves better than the football wasteland that is Reading.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He’d be a decent signing for them. Hard working, good movement, creates space for his fellow striker and chips in with the odd goal. His partnership with Hemed was great.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Good luck to him if he goes.

He was a key player in the season's we finished 2nd and 3rd. I guess the reading fans issue with him is his lack of goals but if used correctly he will both score goals and with his movement and link up play create a shed load more. A very decent signing for them potentially.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If I didn’t think that you had some sort of ear to the ground on the Albion, I’d say bollox to your 1 million quid :smile:

I don't know anything about how much any transfer fee might be. Thats just my personal opinion

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So Reading want to sell us a player who has no Premier League experience at a grossly inflated fee and we are going to let a striker (much more difficult to acquire than CB) who was in a promotion winning team, go the Reading for a bargain knock down price. Can anyone on here see TB going along with this?

Just so you know... Mr Moore has Prem experience... and a lot more that Sam B...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He got 12 goals for us last season in the Championship. Definitely good enough for us to ask for a significant fee, especially considering how much Reading wanted for Moore.

Agreed, bearing in mind he is on a long contract too. Normally I would say let's play hard ball for his signature, but if we does want away that's fair enough, he has put in four good seasons for us.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just so you know... Mr Moore has Prem experience... and a lot more that Sam B...

Fair cop, I have just checked and I had no idea he had previously played for Leicester

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He’d be a decent signing for them. Hard working, good movement, creates space for his fellow striker and chips in with the odd goal. His partnership with Hemed was great.

As you say his partnership with Tomer Hemed was great, perhaps Reading could do a lot worse than bidding for both.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Sad to see him go, I always thought with a run in the side he would be great in the Premier League but it never really happened.

Anything less than £5m seems like robbery considering the sort of prices we were being quoted for a striker 2/3 seasons ago

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I am so ANGERED by this on their forum:

'Happy? No. Not at all. Sam Baldock is coming to the club. If anyone is happy with that then they need to check themselves.'

These delusional relegation-flirting, skint, tinpot butterfly fighting, seventh place celebrating TWATS that have a professional cone-putter-outer/water bottle filler as their manager think THEY are too good for SAM BALDOCK?

Hope he tells them to get ****ed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am so ANGERED by this on their forum:

'Happy? No. Not at all. Sam Baldock is coming to the club. If anyone is happy with that then they need to check themselves.'

These delusional relegation-flirting, skint, tinpot butterfly fighting, seventh place celebrating TWATS that have a professional cone-putter-outer/water bottle filler as their manager think THEY are too good for SAM BALDOCK?

Hope he tells them to get ****ed.

Too true, hopefully a less tinpot club come in for him

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We're allowed 17 non-HGP. We've currently got Ryan, Bruno, Schelotto, Bong, Suttner, Bernardo, Balogun, Propper, Kayal, Gross, Izquierdo, Knockaert, Hemed, Andone, Locadia and Skalak. Which is 16, including a couple of players we expect might be moved on. So still room to move.

The other 8 players allowed must be home-grown, for which Button, Steele, Dunk, Duffy, Stephens, March, Murray are 7 we expect to have in there, plus Baldock, Towell and Norwood are still with us.

Skalak's shirley a goner, at least on loan. Won't ever cut it at PL level in my humble opinion.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here