Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pre-Season game is Sporting Lisbon - Friday 3rd August, kick-off 7.45pm

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The nasty Head Honcho has been voted out now hasn't he ?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I'm really looking forward to it. For anyone that doesn't like the Friday kick off, didn't we all enjoy our last Friday game?!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Very true....but if memory serves me correct most Friday night games have been seen positively judging by comments on here

I find unless I juggle work around finishing early, which isn't always possible, I rush to get ready and go to the Amex.
I very rarely drink before or after evening games.
Saturday home match days I don't book any work, go to the pub early with family and friends, go to the Amex.
I always stay behind for drinks after the match.

Saturday is always more enjoyable and relaxing for me, maybe Friday games suit others.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I find unless I juggle work around finishing early, which isn't always possible, I rush to get ready and go to the Amex.
Saturday home match days I don't book any work, go to the pub early with family and friends, go to the Amex.

Saturday is always more enjoyable and relaxing for me, maybe Friday games suit others.

Moi :)

I'm not expecting much of an atmosphere for a friendly....but Friday night league games have generally been good in that area (thats what I was referring to but badly put over)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'll checkout the numerous bars on here to see if they are showing it live.

IMG_0222.JPG

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I heard a snippet of Mick McCarthy saying that he (and presumably a lot of other players) could never get up for pre-season games. He said because the pressure wasn't there and it was on a completely different level to how they usually play football – I guess that's why they say not to pay too much attention to the results that come out of them.

I'm not fussed by who or when it is, to be honest. The Junior Bobkins and I loved the Sevilla and Athletico games – and that was nothing to do with the opposition, more seeing the Albion play after a gap of a few months and also getting a first glimpse at the new signings. Bring it on, I say!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Sporting Lisbon have appointed Sinisa Mihajlovic as their new head coach.

https://twitter.com/Sporting_CP/status/1008779602024640512

That's soooooo last week.

And now they have sacked him.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44637931

Sporting Lisbon have sacked coach Sinisa Mihajlovic - just nine days after he was appointed by the club.

The Serb had said his first objective for the troubled club was to "do better than last year" but on Wednesday night the club said he had been dismissed.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013

I like night games, in fact I like games on any day. But I'm usually happy for a game to move to a Friday, as it frees up Saturday for other things. On Friday, I'd just be slumped in front of the TV otherwise, so not loosing any quality time there! But understand that Friday can be a right pain for other's plans.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
stay as close to deck 3 as you can , have a nice holiday .

Love the bar at the back of the ship, top deck ...been on reflection twice before.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Alternative squad? What they are sending their stiffs?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here