Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Kitchen rewire

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
(To Bn9)
All above is right, although i would add Baxi recommend boiler on plug top, as when removed, it's full isolation. An FCU still has possibility of being wired badly, and removing fuse/switch off could still kill you.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
(To Bn9)
All above is right, although i would add Baxi recommend boiler on plug top, as when removed, it's full isolation. An FCU still has possibility of being wired badly, and removing fuse/switch off could still kill you.

Don't worry him even more :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
An update, the electricians boss agrees with me that it is not accessible so is getting him back in to move it along the wall this afternoon so that it will be at the side of the fridge freezer not behind it.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Unswitched socket behind fridge connected to switched fcu fitted in line with sockets above worktop.
Alternatively switched socket in adjacent cabinet with hole to thread plug through from underneath.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
All done and dusted. I am happy now. Wife and him had an argument and as usual she won as he said if there was a fire it would blow the electrics but she said if it was burning still she would want to unplug it so he reluctantly moved it, Well done Mrs BG.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
All done and dusted. I am happy now. Wife and him had an argument and as usual she won as he said if there was a fire it would blow the electrics but she said if it was burning still she would want to unplug it so he reluctantly moved it, Well done Mrs BG.

I bet your wife did win.....she must get loads of practice.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Is it acceptable to you ?? Why do you think any wiring you get done may be illegal ?? surely you can do what you want in your own house !!

Still wouldn't recommend putting a double socket behind the bath taps to charge your iPad and plug in you hair dryer though.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

Wives are useful when they're shouting at other people.

But if the fridge is on fire, I don't think that 18 inches will help much - you'll still want to turn off the main fusebox if it hasn't already tripped.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
An update, the electricians boss agrees with me that it is not accessible so is getting him back in to move it along the wall this afternoon so that it will be at the side of the fridge freezer not behind it.

Thank god.

I can finally sleep easy tonight.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
All of this could have been avoided had Mrs BG been the Project Manager and she sent BG away for a couple of days (eg to Ben's) while the work was done.

She would have been better than the existing one who we were told yesterday was on 2 days anual leave. No deputy was appointed or put in place to deal with any problems.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
She would have been better than the existing one who we were told yesterday was on 2 days anual leave. No deputy was appointed or put in place to deal with any problems.

I’m gonna have a stab in the dark, you went with the cheapest quote and the guy could start almost immediately?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here