Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Well Done Toby Carvery

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I can't think why this service isn't offered to ex Nurses, Doctors, bin men, people who look after our sewers etc?? All essential services that aren't always either safe or pleasant. Because it's not either politically expedient or commercially attractive to do so, that's why. I'd rather they invested in ex forces or anyone else not having to live on the street, but they wouldn't make money from that would they.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I can't think why this service isn't offered to ex Nurses, Doctors, bin men, people who look after our sewers etc?? All essential services that aren't always either safe or pleasant. Because it's not either politically expedient or commercially attractive to do so, that's why. I'd rather they invested in ex forces or anyone else not having to live on the street, but they wouldn't make money from that would they.

Bin men? :lolol:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
its not really down to toby carvery though mate .

So what your saying is Toby Carvery don’t have a resident psychiatrist at each restaurant. That’s outrageous.

A member of staff in Harvester said my mate was mad when he through a bacon roll at someone. The’re on the ball.

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Can I swap my roast for Iraq of ribs?

In all seriousness though, I've always have bad experiences with the cutlery at Toby Carverys. They slip right out my hands and the Falklands on my foot.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Telephone Sanitisers - that's who we should be looking after.

You do know what happened to the Golgafrinchan A and C arks in Hitch-hiker's guide to the galaxy, I hope?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
You do know what happened to the Golgafrinchan A and C arks in Hitch-hiker's guide to the galaxy, I hope?

giphy.gif

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Just checking that it wasn't just a random bit of facetiousness.....:thumbsup:

For younger readers:

The Golgafrinchans are a race of humanoid beings who realised that there were three types of beings on the planet of Golgafrincham. Thinkers, Workers, and the strange Middle Class.

The middle class comprised of hair dressers, lawyers, telephone sanitisers, and other such "worthless jobs".

The Thinkers built a ship and told the third class that the planet was to be consumed by a "giant space goat". So they built a ship and sent off their third class. Telling them that they would follow soon. The Third class ended up on Earth, "mucking up the program to determine the ultimate question", while the rest of the classes were killed off by a raging disease contracted from public telephones. Golgafrincham itself soon after was consumed by a giant space goat.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just checking that it wasn't just a random bit of facetiousness.....:thumbsup:

For younger readers:

The Golgafrinchans are a race of humanoid beings who realised that there were three types of beings on the planet of Golgafrincham. Thinkers, Workers, and the strange Middle Class.

The middle class comprised of hair dressers, lawyers, telephone sanitisers, and other such "worthless jobs".

The Thinkers built a ship and told the third class that the planet was to be consumed by a "giant space goat". So they built a ship and sent off their third class. Telling them that they would follow soon. The Third class ended up on Earth, "mucking up the program to determine the ultimate question", while the rest of the classes were killed off by a raging disease contracted from public telephones. Golgafrincham itself soon after was consumed by a giant space goat.

Confirms my pleasure at avoiding reading this when everyone was raving about it at the time.............

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Confirms my pleasure at avoiding reading this when everyone was raving about it at the time.............

To be fair, and in due deference to [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION], Douglas Adams wrote it just a tad better...

A work of true comic genius, imo.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Some proper food snobs in this thread it's embarrassing. There's nothing wrong with the carvery. It's excellent value at £7 especially if you take the whole family out.
I eat here quite a lot and I'm happy with it.
Well done to Tobys

that's what I was thinking ... I've eaten a lot worse

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The health service, police, ambulance and fire services have their own discount card, Blue Light card, which gives similar discount to the Defence Discount card. All they have to do is apply.

https://www.bluelightcard.co.uk/newuser.php

Who's eligible?

You qualify for a Blue Light Card if you're a paid employee within the below services:
NHS
Police Service
Ambulance Service
Fire Service
HM Prison Service/HMPPS
NHS Dental Practice
HM Armed Forces
MoD Civil Servant
MoD Fire Service
MoD Police
Highways Agency
Border Force
Immigration Enforcement
UK Visas and Immigration
HM Coastguard
RNLI
Search and Rescue
4x4 Response
Blood Bikes
First Responders
St Andrews Ambulance
St John Ambulance

You're also eligible if you're a volunteer for the HM Coastguard, RNLI, Search and Rescue, 4x4 Response, Blood Bikes, First Responders, St Andrews Ambulance or St John Ambulance.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Yep, although I do not begrudge those who serve in the armed forces the respect they deserve.

Why can't we have a nurses or firefighters day as well ? That would be more of a problem politically for the government.

My issue with Armed Forces Day is not the honouring of forces personnel and their service. That's a good thing. My issue is that somehow it tries to get us to fall into line ourselves and not just celebrate them but government policy in their deployment.

I am not offended by troops marching through my town, however I will always challenge the government's reasoning behind it. For me our forces are becoming political pawns. That is not why we choose to appreciate them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here