Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Biggest game of the season - Crank up the atmosphere

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Might be in the minority but I firmly believe that if we beat Huddersfield we are safe.

West Brom and Stoke gone, Huddersfield would have to get 7 more points than us from 5 games, so Saturday is huge.

For those of us that went to Huddersfield, you will recall the best atmosphere we’ve experienced this season and that drove them on IMO, we need to replicate that to give our players every bit of support we can. Please please please everyone give 110% and back these players to the hilt.

Hopefully Stephens back in the side and touch wood a fully fit squad to choose from, it really is a massive massive week and for me our biggest game of the season.

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
No chance of us going down as I've just looked at Huddersfield and Southamptons fixtures and they need 2 more wins than us and that won't happen.

Win this ànd it's defo safe for us ......

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
No chance of us going down as I've just looked at Huddersfield and Southamptons fixtures and they need 2 more wins than us and that won't happen.

Win this ànd it's defo safe for us ......

Dangerous game to assume no shock results between now and end of the season. If football was that predictable, we would all be wealthy. We could easily draw or lose at home to Huddersfield ( Wagner knows how to set up against us ) and get very little from the remaining six games. We could be left on around 35-36 points and sweating like crazy.
On the other hand, we could get 39-40 points. Who the hell knows. All I know is that it is a massive game for both teams and they will be as motivated as us.
p.s We have to ensure that we make more of chances than we did yesterday.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We have to beat Huddersfield because we're not going to win a game after.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
We have to beat Huddersfield because we're not going to win a game after.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Agree with that.
Discussing the remaining games ( after Hudds ) with my son, we came up with one more point. It could get decidedly tricky if we don't get 3 points on Saturday.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
After the effort Saturday the atmosphere can only improve.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Dangerous game to assume no shock results between now and end of the season. If football was that predictable, we would all be wealthy. We could easily draw or lose at home to Huddersfield ( Wagner knows how to set up against us ) and get very little from the remaining six games. We could be left on around 35-36 points and sweating like crazy.
On the other hand, we could get 39-40 points. Who the hell knows. All I know is that it is a massive game for both teams and they will be as motivated as us.
p.s We have to ensure that we make more of chances than we did yesterday.

Don't think he does know how to set up against us now. Last time we had no Lacadia, and I do not think Izzy either, also Proper was not firing on all cylinders, I think that since that last game against them, we have made better progress.
Totally agree with all you other comments Mo.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
We shouldn’t need motivation to make an atmosphere for this one, but if we can do it without stressing the team that would be a bonus!

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Did feel a bit subdued in the NS yesterday. Not sure why, Saturday 3pm games normally decent. Hopefully be better Saturday, early goal will help

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
After the effort Saturday the atmosphere can only improve.

Yes, a bit dour all round on Saturday so next week, it really has to improve. A really good sign is that literally hundreds of tickets have become available this last week to home fans in the South Stand and at this rate, they should sell out by tomorrow. A huge home support is vital, though the team has to di its bit as well. I am confident, though not over-confident, as Huddersfield have let in lots of goals.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
If we lose to Huddersfield it`s not the End as some seem to make out........It is a game we would expect to win but with Southampton taking on Arsenal and Stoke Tottenham can`t see them gaining ground on us !!

We will be 6 points clear of relegation with most below us having only five games to go. IMO we may well have enough points already.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here