Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds beam back £10 inc pie & pint

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I wonder when they will get the go ahead to do another one (for charity or otherwise)?

Brentford (with a pitiful 1500 allocation) would have been ideal if not for the fact it's being played on a Saturday.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Speaking of decent gestures, Leeds opened up (the normally closed) Howard's restaurant until well after 11pm to accommodate the Love Bus gang while Brighton & Hove Buses waited for a spare fan belt to be brought up from somewhere in Staffordshire (no, apparently a pair of tights wouldn't have sufficed on this occasion). Good of them to do that, as it meant their staff hanging around until long after they'd normally have been off duty, so bravo to Leeds.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
They provided their time free of charge also. A great gesture.

That is brilliant, much respect to them for doing that. The 1901 Club could do worse than to pay them to come along and have a training session with the staff in the Overline Lounge

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I wonder when they will get the go ahead to do another one (for charity or otherwise)?

Brentford (with a pitiful 1500 allocation) would have been ideal if not for the fact it's being played on a Saturday.

Thin end of the wedge? As far fetched as it might sound now I can see all away games, regardless of when played, being beamed back to every club within 5 years. Perhaps even PPV?

If the numbers add up, which they surely will, then it will happen

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It was a great night. With hopefully a large amount of money raised.

My only issue was with the slightly jerky image..... get the IT bods on it. Fibre optic should be better than that in my opinion.
I agree it was a great night, fab gesture by club and wonderful result.

On the issue of stuttering, I agree that it needs sorting but additionally the cameraman evidently does not know how to film football as for most of the time the camera lens was zoomed in at such a level that it did not allow for proper appreciation of peripheral player movement. This meant for instance that we didn't see the first goal hitting the back of the net and we also couldn't properly see the KLL goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here