Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong being abused all game.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Tony Scholes is the editor of the main Burnley fans' forum "Up The Clarets"......he was editor of "Clarets Mad" for many years until Januay 2016.

He seems quite a fair and reasonable bloke but is fiercely protective of the club. No criticism of the board of directors is usually tolerated. Offending posts are deleted and perpetrators can receive bans of various lengths (one week, one month, six months, year or indefinite).

It's a good job our own [MENTION=17322]Lenny Rider[/MENTION] wasn't like that in 1997. He also produced a fanzine and organised lots of protests against our board of directors.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So you won't all be rooting for Burnley to win the Europa Cup ahead of Chelsea and Arsenal next season?

(Puts tin hat on, ducks and retreats stage left)......:)
Yes, why not. I've no problem with Burnley FC as such.

I think it's sad the way a player gets abuse for reporting a rude little man from West Brom who hides behind his hand, and can see that reporting further incidents is now much more difficult for future victims.

A sorry episode from start to finish - and I hope it is now finished.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Burnley fans, offended on someone else's behalf.

But, but we are all leafs from the same tree, kick one of us, kick all of us.

Childish, just like Jay Rod on the pitch against BHA at West Brom.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So you won't all be rooting for Burnley to win the Europa Cup ahead of Chelsea and Arsenal next season?

I like Sean Dyche, and you have several ex players of ours, so I hope you do well. I still don't like your fans, and it's not just because of last Saturday. Even as a woman, I've had nasty comments there.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
At the end of the day, when the cows come home, when curtains are drawn...what the **** this had to do with Burnley is still a mystery. Like the angry girlfriend screaming “let him go, ees done nuffin” as the Police chuck your drunken boyfriend into the meat wagon for fighting, you have no business getting involved and have been warned multiple times to keep away. But now you’re going to get arrested too. You stupid bint. Burnley. :facepalm:
Great analogy

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

ClaretMatt

Nov 19, 2015
"This is all Rodriguez's fault for putting out a misleading tweet in the first place"

"Actually, Bong put out a misleading tweet first"

"..."

"..."

"This is nothing to do with you, go away"

:lolol:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
What, you've reported me to the internet police?

Behave will yer.

Bozzas gonna get ya...

And Simmo Says is offering you out...

You're classy mate. I might direct you to the legendary "Jamie" thread on NSC gold. Our squirrels can easily locate you via your ISP and you might get a bunch of Pizza, strippers and double glazing salesmen turning up at yours.

That bozo ended up begging us to stop. It was a real community effort.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Maybe we all should. Imagine the impact if we had no fans whatsoever at Turf Moor next season. Hit their club in the pocket and it would make a remarkable statement that we, as BHAFC fans, will not tolerate racist and homophobic behaviour from their fans.

Would be amazing to see, a total boycott.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Nice edit.

So you accept Bong tweeted first to reiterate the accusation and also misrepresent Rodriguez's apology.

Do you not accept that having been publically called racist during the investigation, then again afterwards he may have felt the need to strongly state his position in response? And given the 2 possible verdicts of the tribunal (proven & not proven) he's justified in saying he's exonerated. After all, the tribunal and it's report at no point states they believe he said the words. So his statement of being exonerated is at least as close to the truth of the tribunal's report/verdict as Bong's tweet. And Bong pulled the trigger first...

Define exonerated please.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Nice edit.

So you accept Bong tweeted first to reiterate the accusation and also misrepresent Rodriguez's apology.

Do you not accept that having been publically called racist during the investigation, then again afterwards he may have felt the need to strongly state his position in response? And given the 2 possible verdicts of the tribunal (proven & not proven) he's justified in saying he's exonerated. After all, the tribunal and it's report at no point states they believe he said the words. So his statement of being exonerated is at least as close to the truth of the tribunal's report/verdict as Bong's tweet. And Bong pulled the trigger first...

The thing is Matt none of this is anything to do with you. It's between two footballers who both want the matter closed.
Given the attitude shown by yourself and a minority of other Burnley fans I reckon that if I were a Black footballer and thought I had been racially abused by another player (whose mouth was concealed when speaking) then I don't think I would bother making a complaint. How about you ?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

I would have. I think most would have before Bongate..or is it Bong Hate.

Every time you guys turned over a top 6 side or shut up one of the arrogant twats who run them I was cheering you on.

Now...meh, I hope you get thrashed every week.

See how good will can go down the shitter? Not that you lot seem to care what anyone else thinks. It's a shame. As long as you can tell yourselves you're right and everyone else is anti Lancashire then alls' well. Visiting your yard is an ordeal at the best of times, you've just made it that little bit more bleak and dull.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
"This is all Rodriguez's fault for putting out a misleading tweet in the first place"

"Actually, Bong put out a misleading tweet first"

"..."

"..."

"This is nothing to do with you, go away"

:lolol:

I'm yet to read an accurate timeline of the comments from each camp. However it does appear your end that most are either relying simply on Twitter or repeating what someone else said.

There were also statements / interviews made to the press.

What started it was probably an interview with BBC Radio where the comments "the truth will come out" were made. Unfortunately no-one knows what the truth is. Even the two players involved because their recollections contradict.

I've already stated on here that the "apology" comment wasn't the best although the report does mention it.

My point ?

It's a bit lame to claim that the anger here is actually about comments made to press or via social media that were at best open to interpretation since both camps were "guilty" of that.

I don't believe the anger is racist either. It's simply that some fans have come to the conclusion that GR lied. That appears to be their conclusion only and completely in contradiction with the official report and evidence in hand. It also completely evades the actual problem now.

The heat on the fans at the moment (from the serious press) is the issue of "victim shaming" and creating environments where someone may think twice about reporting racism or any other crime.

I'm 100% sure that wasn't the intention on Saturday within the pantomime of a football match but the result is the same.

Players will always be booed, but context is everything.

It's a real shame for Burnley Football Club since all the press this week should have been about their remarkable achievements in qualifying for Europe. Well deserved.

I have visited the place on a number of occasions and have felt nothing but welcome.

Unfortunately a few fans decided to bring back into focus an issue that:

1) Had nothing to do with the club, the player isn't an employee.
2) The clubs (and players) involved had moved on from.
3) Exposed some peoples views that they should really keep to themselves.

So I'm sorry where the focus now lies, but that isn't the fault of GR or even JR.

Whatever the motivation it simply wasn't worth it.

Time for you to move on too.

Last edited:

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Wrong again. Quite honestly I couldn't give a flying #### what your sad little club does. So long as I don't have to endure those sad 1930s wooden seats again.

Honestly, if your hatred of Burnley is so great that you curse the seats for being wide, wooden and having plenty of legroom, because you'd prefer a narrow plastic tip-up where you scarcely have room to stand up ...

Jan 10, 2014
Nice one Clapham for one of the more fair posts on here about this issue.

I don't agree with every word but the understanding is there.

Like I said last night, us booing him hasn't been worth it at all and we brought it back in to the limelight.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Honestly, if your hatred of Burnley is so great that you curse the seats for being wide, wooden and having plenty of legroom, because you'd prefer a narrow plastic tip-up where you scarcely have room to stand up ...

You will of course be referring to Elland Road because we can literally swing a cat in our seats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here