Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What is then most pointless row you've ever had with your other half?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I have had the dream one a couple of times.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It usually involves my pedantry.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I was off work, very unwell, and when my now ex girlfriend came home from work, she laid in to me about not hoovering during the day. The pointless argument escalated so badly that she gave me a black eye, broke my nose, split my lip and punched me so hard that the glasses I was wearing ended up in a different room to me.
Suffice to say, I promptly got out of that loving relationship.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Any row with a woman is pointless. I've tried accepting blame, agreeing with her and FFS retaliating(once and once only)
They say the mans job is to provide, it is. Provide a buffer when they need to vent.
35 years married and counting.
I've had the dream affair as well. It's not her being insecure, it's her thinking I'm irresistible:)

This is so true.

Mine got the hump on Saturday about I’m not sure what. She was really sharp and arsey but no way was I asking what the matter was.

Continued into Sunday morning so I decided it was safer to keep quiet. When she returned to normality around lunchtime I was accused of being miserable and not talking to her.

Took it on the chin.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Sorry but every woman I've ever driven with can't read a road map for toffee ...... I'm sure you're great at seaway navigation though given your career :wink:

My wife is a great navigator - knows all the ins and outs on the Sat nav, but also loves maps and often comes up with interesting and enjoyable detours either to avoid hold-ups, or just to make life more interesting........

........ and no, that isn't meant to be ironic.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was off work, very unwell, and when my now ex girlfriend came home from work, she laid in to me about not hoovering during the day. The pointless argument escalated so badly that she gave me a black eye, broke my nose, split my lip and punched me so hard that the glasses I was wearing ended up in a different room to me.

Domestic violence should be reported no matter who the aggressor.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
In partial trouble yesterday for not answering my mobile because I was taking another call!!!

Made things worse because I laughed..... [emoji45]

Then things got even worse as she then phoned my son, who told her I was “doing nothing”.

But, generally she is a fantastic person, and yesterday was a tiring day for her. (Naturally I thought better of asking ‘are you tired’ [emoji23] ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Our system...she does something stupid, I tell her, she cries, I apologise...ie she does something stupid I apologise. The other way...... I do something stupid, she tells me, I say oh yeah so it was.....life goes on

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That is absolutely awful. Thunder bolt is absolutely right, male victims of domestic violence are surprisingly common but is often suppressed.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I work with a lot of people in their late 40s/early 50s. The men all seem to be grumpy and the women batshit, is this an inevitable result of ageing?

That would be the start of the menopause which explains grumpiness all round.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Ha ha. Have you ever tried driving through Rouen? Turn left said the sat nav. We stop at the lights observing a sign saying No Left Turn (or the French diagram for it)

OK, I take it back, if you can map read through Rouen then you can do it anywhere ! I've been through Rouen litterally dozens of times and each time my Sat Nav takes me a different way.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
OK, I take it back, if you can map read through Rouen then you can do it anywhere ! I've been through Rouen litterally dozens of times and each time my Sat Nav takes me a different way.

Yep, I found a way at the bottom of the hill, take a sharp turn right just as you reach the bridge, and it takes you through the industrial estate. Several sets of lights and two roundabouts later (one has concrete cows) and you're on the A13 for one junction, and then back onto the A28. That's heading west.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Yep, I found a way at the bottom of the hill, take a sharp turn right just as you reach the bridge, and it takes you through the industrial estate. Several sets of lights and two roundabouts later (one has concrete cows) and you're on the A13 for one junction, and then back onto the A28. That's heading west.

Ah, maybe that's where I'm going wrong. I go over the bridge and it's after that the Sat Nav throws a hissy ! Thanks, I'll try this route at Christmas when I'm over there.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
But, as you have seen from the replies, it IS normal.

Woman are an emotional, eccentric breed, that's all.

Two days, in truth, is probably not actually the punishment for the imagined transgression. The two day grump, is more often the punishment for laughing at the original minor sulk (for the imagined transgression).

If you want all the good stuff, you learn to deal with / shrug off, the occasional quirk and foible.

Wise words IMO. And you should see what I DO get up to in my dreams - filth!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
My girlfriend and I are only nine months in so no massive arguments yet. We have a "policy" of just straight talking when there's something that's bothering us. Seems to be doing the trick so far.

We have both been on the receiving end of the "you've done XY and/or Z to me in a dream". Usually laugh it off. It is weird to be dumped in a dream and then to wake up and find the person who dumped you sleeping soundly next to you though.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
This is so true.

Mine got the hump on Saturday about I’m not sure what. She was really sharp and arsey but no way was I asking what the matter was.

Continued into Sunday morning so I decided it was safer to keep quiet. When she returned to normality around lunchtime I was accused of being miserable and not talking to her.

Took it on the chin.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Me right now.

Hunkered down in my office with water & provisions until the storm passes....but I have no idea when that will be. Not sure when I will see home again, or what state it'll be in when I get there.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
With the first Mrs Giraffe far too many to mention but normally it was her total inability to say sorry for anything, absolutely anything. Nothing was ever her fault. Incredible really.

With the current Mrs Giraffe arguments are dealt with well with apologies all round for silliness and the silly stuff is only ever caused by either tiredness (I'm dreadful in the morning) and hormones (one day a month, she readily admits!). I lost it once because she was eating her cereal whilst standing up (yes I'm a nutter). People eating when I'm not or doing it on the move drives me nuts, especially in the morning! I did apologise after 10am though when I normally properly wake up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here