Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Brighton fans "haven't got a clue" according to Newcastle fanzine

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Newcastle fans that I've met both up there and when they visit us have been almost universally friendly and down-to-earth. They are a big club that just can't get it together. Personally I would like them to succeed (not at our expense obviously) as there are clubs with far more 'entitled' fans than the Geordies. I always enjoy SJP visits whatever the result. I just wish we could be seated more pitchside.

I went up there and stayed overnight. Never known such a friendly bunch of fans, who were keen to talk about the football and make us welcome. From what I saw the majority are genuinely lovely people, so I won't pay much attention to what's stated in some low-mark fanzine.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I went up there and stayed overnight. Never known such a friendly bunch of fans, who were keen to talk about the football and make us welcome. From what I saw the majority are genuinely lovely people, so I won't pay much attention to what's stated in some low-mark fanzine.

:thumbsup:

Guys probably run out of things to say ...''lost again'' can get a tad boring

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yay, my post got quoted...I have long believed that my football comments were worth hearing far and wide and now other supporters are visiting NSC to hear of my opinions

He must have been desperate he quoted mine too

‘I didn’t think they wore any (shirts) to matches?’

Blimey it was a joke :facepalm:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
He must have been desperate he quoted mine too

‘I didn’t think they wore any (shirts) to matches?’

Blimey it was a joke :facepalm:

I was badly misquoted!

However, I still stand by my original comments... they have a t**t of an owner but really not even in the top ten of crappy owners to have.

Some, including the "journalist" have absolutely no clue how bad it can get!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I saw their protest before the game and to be honest it was pathetic. About 200 people scattered either side of the road and a barely understable Geordie shouting through a tannoy. I was with a Newcastle supporter and even be said it was embarrassing and exactly the same thing every home game.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
:thumbsup:

Guys probably run out of things to say ...''lost again'' can get a tad boring

Actually you are right but I would go a bit further and say that I am a wee bit offended by the ''tone'' of the article.

I have a lot of friends up there. I lived there for 4 years. And as a lot may know I have first hand knowledge of Mike Ashley and the way he runs the club and I think he is a proper ''Knob-Edd'' in the way he goes about things.

That said the tone of that article ''in part'' at the very least ridicules some of the Brighton Fans responses and at worst ''belittles'' some of the comments.

Fans forums like NSC is always going to have a very wide ranging number of views. For then to (in that article) seek to put down the ones which do not ''tickle their ears'' is just as disrespectful. It won't help their cause. It will alienate some of the people who were siding with them. There was no need for the article. They should just accept that some will support them and some won't and leave it at that.

I support them in their quest to be rid of Ashley but it isn't my fight and they should respect that

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Has anyone thought that their current plight may be the fault of their manager and not their owner!!? It's Benitez squad not Ashley's! Benitez sold Mitrovic and loaned out Gayle and now Newcastle can't score a goal! I know Benitez is some sort of demi-god on Tyneside, but l think his ego might be part of the issue! He picks the side (out of the squad he has bought...with Ashley's money), and he chooses the tactics (including only making one substitution against us when they we're 1-0 down and chasing the game). If the team is not good enough that is largely down to how Benitez has spent Ashley's money. He's been there 4 years so the squad has largely been his signings. If they aren't performing then that's either down to the fact they aren't decent signings or Benitez man management skills aren't getting the best from their talent. In my opinion he's had more than enough money to build a decent squad, and if l we're Ashley l'd probably keep my hands in my pocket given Benitez recent track record in the transfer market! I think the Geordies need to stop looking at Benitez with rose tinted specs and start questioning whether it's Benitez not Ashley that has got them into this mess!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Most Mags aren’t idiots. They just want someone in charge who loves their club and will give lots of money as we all do. But they’re not claiming their plight is remotely catastrophic. Just deeply depressing.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Has anyone thought that their current plight may be the fault of their manager and not their owner!!? It's Benitez squad not Ashley's! Benitez sold Mitrovic and loaned out Gayle and now Newcastle can't score a goal! I know Benitez is some sort of demi-god on Tyneside, but l think his ego might be part of the issue! He picks the side (out of the squad he has bought...with Ashley's money), and he chooses the tactics (including only making one substitution against us when they we're 1-0 down and chasing the game). If the team is not good enough that is largely down to how Benitez has spent Ashley's money. He's been there 4 years so the squad has largely been his signings. If they aren't performing then that's either down to the fact they aren't decent signings or Benitez man management skills aren't getting the best from their talent. In my opinion he's had more than enough money to build a decent squad, and if l we're Ashley l'd probably keep my hands in my pocket given Benitez recent track record in the transfer market! I think the Geordies need to stop looking at Benitez with rose tinted specs and start questioning whether it's Benitez not Ashley that has got them into this mess!

Chris got less money to spend up there and won the Championship at a ''canter'' - Ashley dispensed with him and he was proving to be a success with no money - So you have to question whether Ashley even wants to give the fans success. I think the contempt cuts both ways between the fans and Ashley but the latter knows he wields ''power'' over thousands of people. I think he cares not one jot. He is ''irked'' by the fans treatment of him and he is hitting them where it hurts.

He is a nasty piece of work. So for me Ashley sees it as a personal battle and he knows he will win all day long. I think he is ''toying with them''. He is a Pr#ck.

The fans need to wake up to this and try another approach. Perhaps reach out and try something different because he will be the winner all day long because I don't even think he cares any more what the fans do, say or think. I don't think he even cares about the money. I think he just wants to win the war.

Last edited:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

Yes, lots of NUFC supporters from what I’ve read and heard recently. The noise generated by the of tumbling avalanche of rose tinted specs is quite deafening.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, lots of NUFC supporters from what I’ve read and heard recently. The noise generated by the of tumbling avalanche of rose tinted specs is quite deafening.
That's the sound of them conceding that Ashley has won, then. They've finally realised they can't touch him.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I don't feel the article helped me be any less 'clueless' that i was before.

Perhaps when asking other fans to protest with you it would be a good idea to make it clear what the issues are?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Chris got less money to spend up there and won the Championship at a ''canter'' - Ashley dispensed with him and he was proving to be a success with no money - So you have to question whether Ashley even wants to give the fans success. I think the contempt cuts both ways between the fans and Ashley but the latter knows he wields ''power'' over thousands of people. I think he cares not one jot. He is ''irked'' by the fans treatment of him and he is hitting them where it hurts.

He is a nasty piece of work. So for me Ashley sees it as a personal battle and he knows he will win all day long. I think he is ''toying with them''. He is a Pr#ck.

The fans need to wake up to this and try another approach. Perhaps reach out and try something different because he will be the winner all day long because I don't even think he cares any more what the fans do, say or think. I don't think he even cares about the money. I think he just wants to win the war.

I absolutely guarantee Ashley cares about the money.
You don't get his wealth not caring about the money.

Begging the question:-

Why do the Geordies insist on giving him all their money?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
You don't get his wealth not caring about the money.

Begging the question:-

I have no doubt you are right...
Ashley sees NUFC and SJP as advertising boards for his business empire.

But here is the rub and the absolute reason I would not support their "march"...

He has put up boards renaming SJP as Sports Direct... what he hasn't done is knock it down and turn it into a Sports Direct shop. When that becomes his plan I'll March. For as long as his worst activity is be a t**the they can f**k themselves.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I have no doubt you are right...
Ashley sees NUFC and SJP as advertising boards for his business empire.

But here is the rub and the absolute reason I would not support their "march"...

He has put up boards renaming SJP as Sports Direct... what he hasn't done is knock it down and turn it into a Sports Direct shop. When that becomes his plan I'll March. For as long as his worst activity is be a t**the they can f**k themselves.

A teethe? I can think of any other word to fit there???

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I got quoted! .

Me too, twice.

It turns out they're in agreement that they're horse punchers, but they take exception to smearing Greggs all over their fat blotchy faces.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You don't get his wealth not caring about the money.Begging the question:-

Not so much now that he has wealth - If you knew him you might think differently. Nowadays, Power means more to him than wealth. If he sells he loses wielding that power over the people in that city.

So perhaps when I say he doesn't care about the money maybe that was a bit strong but is comes second to ''Control and Power''

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Spot on

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Have they been reading the thread about Bong ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here