Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Ryan Air Racist

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Absolutely. Myself included in fact I booked a Ryanair flight this morning (£31 return to Cologne).

I purchased a return air flight yesterday. My friend asked “where to?” Back here obviously.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I don’t wish to make excuses for Ryanair and I’ve only watched the video once but it doesn’t seem clear how much of the racist language the crew actually hear. I’m not sure they hear enough to be sure they can kick him off. Plus the crew member is possibly not English and may not understand the muffled ramblings of a racist old tosser.

Credit to the guy in the row behind, not so much to the person filming.

That's what I thought too.

There is no defence for his behavior at all, but I noticed that the reasonable seeming guy behind said something to him like "don't even bother speaking to her" before he made the racist remark. I could be wrong but I got the impression that she had said/done something to him which started the problem. Doesn't excuse his behavior at all, but it may be that she wasn't completely innocent in what happened. Again, still no justification for conducting yourself like that, we can say 100% that he's in the wrong, but it may be that they both are, we never see or hear what preceded the argument.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Wasn’t expecting anyone to be defending the passenger’s racist rant...but Looney’s ‘Hold my beer’ post reminded me he’s back from his latest ban.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Racist insults are indeed a crime, it’s called hate speech.
John Terry went to court for it, and was found not guilty.

‘Making a meal of it’?
The racist person has insisted she moves from her seat , because she’s black, he calls her an “Ugly black bitch” and a “Black Bastard”
You must have a very suspect opinion on racial matters yourself, if you consider this to be trivial, as you infer.

I'm not convinced that he wanted her to move "because she was black", I got the impression it was for something which happened before the video recording starts. What he said was still racist and for that he's a prick, no question.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
That's what I thought too.

There is no defence for his behavior at all, but I noticed that the reasonable seeming guy behind said something to him like "don't even bother speaking to her" before he made the racist remark. I could be wrong but I got the impression that she had said/done something to him which started the problem. Doesn't excuse his behavior at all, but it may be that she wasn't completely innocent in what happened. Again, still no justification for conducting yourself like that, we can say 100% that he's in the wrong, but it may be that they both are, we never see or hear what preceded the argument.

exactly this, we always see part way through these incidents, when it kicks off, that's when someone whips out the camera and presses record, & we miss the prelude and sometimes the instigation. We never get the full story, he could have been called honky, what would we feel about that, there are many reason why people react in strange ways, medication, mental stress, perhaps of flying, none are an excuse by calling people names in such a degrading way, but there can be reasons.

As others have said, he is clearly in the wrong even if provoked.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I dont think racial insults in theirself are a crime(I heard him call her a black something or other in a heated moment), this thread like the twitter poster(a political activist) is making a meal of it. Which kicks of the NPC virtue signalling on here.

Do you not EVER wake up of a morning, sun shining etc, and think "For a change, I won't be a horrendous c*** today."

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I wonder how a bloke like him voted in the EU referendum?

While I don't want this thread descending into yet another Brexit Binfest, I have to admit that if I had voted Leave - and there WERE some logical angles to a Leave vote, even if IMO massively outweighed by the benefits of staying - it would really, really depress me knowing I was "in league" with racist scumbags like this.

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
While I don't want this thread descending into yet another Brexit Binfest, I have to admit that if I had voted Leave - and there WERE some logical angles to a Leave vote, even if IMO massively outweighed by the benefits of staying - it would really, really depress me knowing I was "in league" with scumbags like this.

WTF. 17.5 million people voted to leave, 16 million people voted to remain. There's a few sick people for every 15+ million people. Statistically, by voting remain you are likely "in league" with some child molesters, rapists, racists, probably even a couple of murderers. You feel bad now?

I agree let's not bring Brexit into this, since it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
WTF. 17.5 million people voted to leave, 16 million people voted to remain. There's a few sick people for every 15+ million people. Statistically, by voting remain you are likely "in league" with some child molesters, rapists, racists, probably even a couple of murderers. You feel bad now?

I agree let's not bring Brexit into this, since it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with it.

When it comes to racists, surely you can acknowledge that the vast, vast majority of them would be Leave voters, for obvious reasons. It's also a lot more relevant - and much more easily calculable - than child molesters or rapists, given the racial undercurrent to a lot of the Brexit discussions (Farage's disgraceful Breaking Point poster, etc).

Fair point, I won't say any further about Brexit on this thread unless you call me a nasty name.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Remain, undoubtedly, so that lots of white people from Eastern Europe can came in to make sure that whites don't get outnumbered in Britain by black and brown people from Africa and India/Pakistan, obviously.

Next stupid stereotyping question?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'm not convinced that he wanted her to move "because she was black", I got the impression it was for something which happened before the video recording starts. What he said was still racist and for that he's a prick, no question.

If you read the article, he had to wait to get past her, because she is disabled and took her time standing up. He got impatient. The female voice on the recording is the lady's daughter who stood up for her mother, and then the man behind did as well.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Doesn't like black people,fat,white,unpleasant?Would fit in perfectly with this crew.

racists.png

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

I think the lady’s daughter has said he wanted her Mum moved because she was black. I may be wrong.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I genuinely believe that I would have insisted in getting off the plane when it became clear that they weren’t going to remove that racist pig. I really like to think so anyway.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
No chance, they all speak ‘foreign’ he didn’t want the old lady speaking ‘foreign’ to him.

I'm sure they all speak perfect English,as they need it for their jobs.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here