Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Massively missing Crofts

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Funnily enough this is how I view Dale Stephens as a player, an ideal replacement for Crofts, but he's not getting picked at the moment (ill or unfit? )

Unfit then ill. We desperately miss him.
(This is the last time I attach this)

stephens.jpg

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Funnily enough this is how I view Dale Stephens as a player, an ideal replacement for Crofts, but he's not getting picked at the moment (ill or unfit? )

Or neither and just not being picked for whatever reason?????????....Bit of a mystery eh,,,,,,like a few other players we have signed and haven't featured. Like a goalscorer in Lita or a ball playing midfielder like Kemy,,,,or do they all just have bad attitudes??? Makes you wonder who's signing these players doesn't it???

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Or neither and just not being picked for whatever reason?????????....Bit of a mystery eh,,,,,,like a few other players we have signed and haven't featured. Like a goalscorer in Lita or a ball playing midfielder like Kemy,,,,or do they all just have bad attitudes??? Makes you wonder who's signing these players doesn't it???

Indeed .. too many cooks..

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Box to box hard midfielder who doesn't bottle the challenge and would get this stuttering engine firing again...
...oh, and he can score goals.

Yes either of which may have made a difference saturday also missing Orlandi and another winger with pace we miss the likes of Noone or Conway, it's the midfield I think that's lacking in the team if we are to play with a lone forward then the midfield need to bust a gut to get in the box and support and none of Saturdays midfield do that

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004

My opinion too, a very decent replacement.

I asked Dale after the Ipswich game whether he was injured and he said it was just a slight strain, be back for Tuesday.

Then he's reported as being ill.

Hope it isn't something else, as I think we will make the playoffs with him in the side.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Maybe we're missing Bridcutt more than we realise?

I don't think he would fit the way Oscar wants to play I believe he wants 3 mobile midfielders all of which can interchange playing the defensive role, box to box pushing forward etc. the problem is Crofts is the only one that seemed capable of playing that role.
Ince is knackered and hasn't master the attacker role, JFC is little weight and struggles with the defensive side, orlando is never fit, Andrews just doesn't seem on the same wavelength, Kemy god knows what's going on and Stephens does look like he might fit the part but is not playing.

Which leads to a midfield that is woefully lacking at present.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I think the team generally lacks bite at the moment. Even Ince looked a bit lightweight yesterday.

Crofts is sorely missed. Barnes too, in my opinion, and El Abd. These are players who fight for the team (sometimes literally). Yesterday we just seemed so meek and bland.

I love Ince but i do sometimes think he is a little to nice. A little edge like Vieira would be wonderful

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Come on [MENTION=4339]tommy[/MENTION]knockers , you can't slide through this thread dishing out the thumbs down without actually posting anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here