Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gianluca Lapadula.- AC Milan Striker

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
from all the rumours this one gets the juices flowing.

The sort of calibre player we NEED (x5)to have a chance of staying up

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As an aside, what was the POINT of Italy organising a friendly against San Marino?

The Italian FA have (understandable) strong links with the San Marino FA, and San Marino's one pro club (controlled by their FA) plays in the Italian league. Maybe the friendly is just intended as a fund-raiser for the plucky minnows (akin to the Albion benevolence in affording Worthing friendly fixtures in years past).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This is a complete non starter with absolutely zero chance of us paying 20 million

I'm not suggesting that THIS transfer will happen, but that statement is a rash one.

We would be the first club recently promoted to the Prem, to NOT pay BIG money for a decent attacking player, if we failed to do so.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
This is a complete non starter with absolutely zero chance of us paying 20 million

How so? It's 20M euros which is about 17M. There were many reports of us spending 7-8M in the Championship.

What clubs haven't spent big when gaining promotion? We need a (good) striker which is going to demand a high transfer fee.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
After talk of shite like George Boyd, this rumour definitely isn't underwhelming. More latin love-in for our north stand Rossoneri.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
But realistically even if we were prepared to spend that sort of cash why would he come to Brighton, it would be like Birmingham City signing David Stockdale.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Absolute nonsense - plucky Bournemouth have hardly spent a BEAN.

15/16
Tyrone Mings £8m
Lewis Cook £7m
Lewis Grabban £7m :jester:
Benik Afobe £10m
Lyss Mousset £5m
Glenn Murray £4m
Lee Tomlin £3.5m :jester:

16/17
Brad Smith £3m
Jordan Ibe £15m

17/18
Aasmir Begovic £10m

#Eddie'sMiracle

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
But realistically even if we were prepared to spend that sort of cash why would he come to Brighton, it would be like Birmingham City signing David Stockdale.

Would it? Is Serie A better than the Prem? I don't think there is even an ounce of comparability.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'm not suggesting that THIS transfer will happen, but that statement is a rash one.

We would be the first club recently promoted to the Prem, to NOT pay BIG money for a decent attacking player, if we failed to do so.

Points taken, however
1: This is only being reported on one web site and no other than NSC.
2: Other more established teams are linked to him
3: Palace think he is too expensive.
4: A very big gamble at that price, and given our Tony and gambling he is risk adverse.
5: Add all the above together = Bollox

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Points taken, however
1: This is only being reported on one web site and no other than NSC.
2: Other more established teams are linked to him
3: Palace think he is too expensive.
4: A very big gamble at that price, and given our Tony and gambling he is risk adverse.
5: Add all the above together = Bollox

Ah but Palace also think paying back their debts is too expensive so....

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Never heard of him so watched the videos on here for the first time. Reminds me of Robbie Keane the way he drops deep to link midfield with attack. That's good

Down side - Seems to have a knack of using his arms and elbows. Potential few sending offs and suspensions, which wouldn't be so good

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Can you really see Albion spending 20 million Euros on a player? I doubt we'll come close to 10 million personally, and that is not a complaint btw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here