Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

School in Lewes bans girls from wearing skirts in new PC drive

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
School uniform rules are an area which have caused a problem for a number of schools, for example many schools have had rules that say girls can wear a small pair of earstuds but boys are not allowed to wear any sort of ear jewellry. A boy at a school near me was sent home for wearing earstuds, his parents challenged this on the grounds that it was discriminatory; the school accepted that it was and changed their rules.

There shouldn't need to be 'a discussion'. They are children and none of them should be wearing any form of jewellry when they go to school - nor makeup either.

Its not a Fashion Shoot...

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Equally fraught with problems. Non uniform days at schools often come with rules about mini skirts, low cut tops and exposed midriffs.

I was kidding, I understand the difficulties. Just not sure that enforcing stringent rules being detrimental to teaching and a teachers non core activity and a distraction, is really checkmate on any discussion about this subject, valid though it may be up to a point.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Parents have criticised a school which has banned girls from wearing skirts.

Priory School in Lewes says from now on, all new Year 7 pupils must wear trousers.

Headteacher Tony Smith brought in the measure to deal with complaints from parents about short skirts and to make the uniform gender neutral for transgender students.

Instead of wearing a grey skirt, girls must now must wear grey trousers.

But some parents feel angry trousers have been enforced at the school, which is rated good by Ofsted."

Outrage!

Theres long been the argument of thots in short skirts creating a distraction for young men in class, I sort of agree with this but as for pandering to traps its nonsense.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
I was kidding, I understand the difficulties. Just not sure that enforcing stringent rules being detrimental to teaching and a teachers non core activity and a distraction, is really checkmate on any discussion about this subject, valid though it may be up to a point.

There is actually a case that enforcing these rules leads to better behaviour in the classrooms. Kids will push the boundaries wherever they can, we did it at that age too, and where the school is strict on uniform and the kids know they can't get away with anything you can find that this translates into their attitude within a classroom, if they can't get away with the unform they are equally likely not to get away with anything in the classroom. I work as a supply and can often visit about 13-15 schools a year, I can usually tell by what students are wearing on their feet on how good a school is at dealing with behaviour, the more trainers and trendy womens shoes the more likely you'll get trouble in the classroom.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Exactly I don't understand why this needs to be a transgender issue.

If the girls are dressing like little strumpets warn them then introduce an effective measure to stop them, simples.

This post was bought to you for the sole purpose of using the word 'strumpet'.
Thank you for your time.

:lolol:
Thumbs up was for the small print Stat.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Leave it to the school management and form tutors at the very start of the day.

Subject teaching will be unaffected.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
So my four children went to Priory.
Ages now between 35-to-
Two Blokes - Two Wimmin no problem
Never asked for anything or special needs.

This gender stuff is complete bollocks.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
You really have missed the point of putting them all in trousers, haven't you.

No, not at all. You've missed the deeper point I'm trying to make. Transgendered pupils can be male to female, or female to male. So why are they forcing a historically male item of clothing on all pupils in order to cater to only one kind of transgender person, rather than trying to accommodate both types.

And, as a deeper point, which is an extension of this, why have we as a society got to a stage where no one bats an eyelid when a woman wears a historically male item of clothing, yet if a male wears a historically female item of clothing, they get a load of abuse for it?

Both points are intrinsically linked... although I suspect such thinking may be a little deep for you.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
I think all children should be made to have a Gumby education; to roll their trouser legs up and wear knotted hankies on their heads.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
About time, I used to be so pissed off sweating my bollocks off at school in trousers because boys weren't allowed to wear shorts while all the girls wore skirts. I thought we were pro equality anyway ;)

My son has been selected as "Head Boy" for the Burgess Hill Academy formerly Oakmeeds for those who are a bit older....... anyway they have now changed the name to " Student Principal".... I suspect also a PC move as it were....

Will always be Head Boy to me...

Delighted to hear that Marshy.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
My son has been selected as "Head Boy" for the Burgess Hill Academy formerly Oakmeeds for those who are a bit older....... anyway they have now changed the name to " Student Principal".... I suspect also a PC move as it were....

Will always be Head Boy to me...

image.jpg

I saw this after reading this thread, it's from Cardiff University :)

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Don't worry, soon everyone will finally be equal and then nuclear warfare will wipe everyone out.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I hope I am on holiday in Iceland or somewhere neutral like that when those two nut-cases go head to head.

I have a solution though. Remember the Frankie Goes to Hollywood video where Ronald Reegan and Konstantine Chernenko go head to head in a Sumo wrestling fight. I can just see Kim Jong-il and Donald Trump solving their differences like this

At least they could batter **** out of each other and leave the rest of us alone.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
We already have gender-neutral school uniforms in Birmingham.

gn.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here